Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye. Liberia now. Bats were parked on the street when I passed later, so here you go:

No idea how this region was the centre of an Ebola outbreak.

Obviously not washing their hands before eating the festering, unrefrigerated wild animal carcasses.

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Landed in Kirkwall so if I get stranded here it's not anywhere near as bad. Hopefully the flights stay on back to Aberdeen or at least a choppy ferry ride. 

Stranded.

Absolutely fair fucks to LoganAir though. Their crew refused to fly through a storm at Wick and within 15 minutes of us being told we werent leaving Kirkwall tonight 9 of us on the flight were taxi'd, booked in and had meal times for a lovely hotel in Kirkwall.

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Stranded.

Absolutely fair fucks to LoganAir though. Their crew refused to fly through a storm at Wick and within 15 minutes of us being told we werent leaving Kirkwall tonight 9 of us on the flight were taxi'd, booked in and had meal times for a lovely hotel in Kirkwall.

I stayed in Kirkwall for a night recently for work. Got put up in a hostel and had a chippy for tea :lol:

29 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I stayed in Kirkwall for a night recently for work. Got put up in a hostel and had a chippy for tea :lol:

Was in North Ronaldsay last night. Front door blew in, no central heating. Fuses removed from sockets. Nae teabags or sugar, milk etc. This was a pre booked digs. The house itself was lovely. 

This is like the fucking ritz just listening  to the gas heating being on. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Was in North Ronaldsay last night. Front door blew in, no central heating. Fuses removed from sockets. Nae teabags or sugar, milk etc. This was a pre booked digs. The house itself was lovely. 

This is like the fucking ritz just listening  to the gas heating being on. :lol:

10-15 years ago Tiree accommodation could be grim.  Quite regularly went without power for prolonged spells. Would be sitting for hours some evenings with a couple of candles lit listening to the roof trying to take off.

On 01/02/2024 at 05:30, Zetterlund said:

10-15 years ago Tiree accommodation could be grim.  Quite regularly went without power for prolonged spells. Would be sitting for hours some evenings with a couple of candles lit listening to the roof trying to take off.

Lit candles?  You actually lit the candles?  Lucky b*****d!

image.jpeg.7ba68b35c335cb22960b95e194257d9b.jpeg

Guy on Radio 2 just now, got air time because "He's never had a day off sick since starting work in 1990"

Got asked about it further, where he admitted "Don't get me wrong, I have gone in feeling unwell, and been sent home"

Not really never having had a day off sick then, is it fella?

On 31/01/2024 at 18:43, DiegoDiego said:

Aye. Liberia now. Bats were parked on the street when I passed later, so here you go:

IMG_20240131_125816.thumb.jpg.0fed710621b65f9f90698254988f787a.jpg

No idea how this region was the centre of an Ebola outbreak.

I'm sorry, does it say 'nutritious' on the cardboard there?

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Guy on Radio 2 just now, got air time because "He's never had a day off sick since starting work in 1990"

Got asked about it further, where he admitted "Don't get me wrong, I have gone in feeling unwell, and been sent home"

Not really never having had a day off sick then, is it fella?

Lassie I worked with used to brag about not having time off in five years with the company, and wanted people to get their pay docked for taking time off. Her test for whether you were fit for work was that, if someone told you there was a £20 note in the gutter outside your house and you were able to go out and collect it, you were fit for work.

I presume she didn't consider that her day's work was worth £20, and that she put as much effort in as it would take to stagger to the kerb and back again.