Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Unpopular opinion but St Andrews is pish anyway full of yuppies.

I was over with a mate at the tail end of last year and she picked up a jumper and said it was nice and would suit me.

It was £370. I cant remember who made it but it was one of the made in St Andrews lot.

They're lucky the butchery place is decent or their economy would burn to the ground, IMO.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I was over with a mate at the tail end of last year and she picked up a jumper and said it was nice and would suit me.

It was £370. I cant remember who made it but it was one of the made in St Andrews lot.

They're lucky the butchery place is decent or their economy would burn to the ground, IMO.

That and the fucking golf

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Roughly 85 linear cm of french fries in that "serving"...with 12% sales tax, that's $8.95 Canadian...or about £5.17...call it 6.1 pence per cm of fry. At least they look done.

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

St Andrews. The arse end of Fife.

That would suggest there is a non arse end of Fife. 

Fife, the arse end of Scotland. 

Edited by Swarley

Even if we accept that those prices are not a great surprise given the place is about 50 yards away from the Old Course clubhouse, maybe more shocking was that after having a drink in another couple of establishments in the town centre, our round (pint + wine) was within £1.50 of that each time.

Overall for our afternoon out, we would've spent about the same if we'd got off the bus in St Andrews and immediately got a £40 taxi to Spoons in Dundee for the same drinks.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Even if we accept that those prices are not a great surprise given the place is about 50 yards away from the Old Course clubhouse, maybe more shocking was that after having a drink in another couple of establishments in the town centre, our round (pint + wine) was within £1.50 of that each time.

Overall for our afternoon out, we would've spent about the same if we'd got off the bus in St Andrews and immediately got a £40 taxi to Spoons in Dundee for the same drinks.

Aye, but then you'd be in Dundee. Some things are a price worth paying.