Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

yes, I've always thought if you could genetic splice that with, say, athlete's foot, so it affects humans you'd have a pretty horrible weapon

Easy tam.

Giving off low key super villain vibes.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I remember we used to have to buy our magic mushrooms off a stall up The Barras that also sold bongs and other smoking paraphernalia. Tasted vile and would have you seeing dragons for hours, perfectly legal at the time of course. None of this jelly sweet pish. Kids today eh?

I got mine round the back of Borough Briggs.  A whole field of them round there.  Glorious. 

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I had a Big Mac tonight for the first time since 2011.

It was actually alright.

I took the gherkin out obviously.

They are not as bad they used to be imo... (I've not had one in about 2 years, but still)

19 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I remember we used to have to buy our magic mushrooms off a stall up The Barras that also sold bongs and other smoking paraphernalia. Tasted vile and would have you seeing dragons for hours, perfectly legal at the time of course. None of this jelly sweet pish. Kids today eh?

I’ve tried many different mushroom and had some truly magical times, the mushy shops in Holland are fantastic and if you get the right advice from the mushy tender you’ll have some great experiences. I’ve also had some horrific trips too though, mostly from the ones you find on golf courses and playing fields. 
Oh to be young and fit enough to recover from trips like this again. 

9 hours ago, superwell87 said:

They are not as bad they used to be imo... (I've not had one in about 2 years, but still)

They changed the recipe a few weeks back - supposedly they're now juicier. That was the basis of the Mmm...mmm ad campaign.

11 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I had a Big Mac tonight for the first time since 2011.

It was actually alright.

I took the gherkin out obviously.

I nicknamed them hoof and horn burgers , cos it's certainly not the guid bit of the coo you're getting

I'm pretty sure that the first ever advertising campaign for Big Macs in the UK was "can you possibly finish a Big Mac, the biggest burger it's possible to imagine?"  

Interesting contrast to today where every pub sells gigantic stacks of burgers that you need to dislocate your jaw to begin eating.

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’ve tried many different mushroom and had some truly magical times, the mushy shops in Holland are fantastic and if you get the right advice from the mushy tender you’ll have some great experiences. I’ve also had some horrific trips too though, mostly from the ones you find on golf courses and playing fields. 
Oh to be young and fit enough to recover from trips like this again. 

Your posting history just fell completely into place.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I'm pretty sure that the first ever advertising campaign for Big Macs in the UK was "can you possibly finish a Big Mac, the biggest burger it's possible to imagine?"  

Interesting contrast to today where every pub sells gigantic stacks of burgers that you need to dislocate your jaw to begin eating.

I've always wondered how you're meant to eat these triple burgers with salad and onion rings all stuck between a bun, usually reaching half a meter tall.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I've always wondered how you're meant to eat these triple burgers with salad and onion rings all stuck between a bun, usually reaching half a meter tall.

All for show and presentation of the biggest 'stack', and even if you could open your mouth wide enough to bite the whole thing, it's usually impossible to even lift it since one of the random items or sauces has soaked the bottom half of the bun and turned it to mush.

Just put the onion rings etc on the side like the good, sensible old days ffs.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

McDonald's tried marketing a 1/3 of a pound burger in the States. It was a failure because the Septics thought it was smaller than a quarter pounder.

46 minutes ago, GordonD said:

McDonald's tried marketing a 1/3 of a pound burger in the States. It was a failure because the Septics thought it was smaller than a quarter pounder.

They probably never bothered with it here because folk would had been raging that it would have been more than 34p (rounded up).  Even at that price, you'd still have swathes of pedants refusing to pay the extra 0.66666... pence 'rip-off'.