Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can't find the dream thread. I shall therefore post here. Yes, I'm apparently an adult and I get scared on occasion (a ludicrously random order, can be nothing in years but then can be multiple in a week and/or month).

Oddly I'm OK with the dark. Have walked creepy, unlit, country roads before (an owl!)* and was even once tracked by a falcon.

Had my absolute number one worst dream again the other night.

It was the dream where I have a nightmare and scramble to turn on the lamp/light on my bedside table, but in my dream when I try to turn on my bedside lamp it doesn't work, so I try to turn on the 'big' light in my bedroom, but that also doesn't work, so I run to the bathroom to try the light.

Said light also doesn't work and my utter panic (each time I try to turn on a light my panic increases) eventually wakes me up. 

I wake up utterly terrified and have to switch on my bedside lamp. I'm an, apparently, grown man, yet I have nightmares randomly (can be every week, can be every second week, can be every month, can be every six months and so on).

I don't find myself afraid of the dark (plenty of personal stuff attests to this) but when I have a nightmare I absolutely must have a light on.

Anyway, have not been sleeping well recently so have been having lots of mini dreams and not enjoying a lot of them as some involve my dead mum.

I've had some dreams with my dead maw and don't mind them but find it weird when my mum appears (mostly).

My Dad sometimes appears in my dreams. 

I remember about a month or two after his funeral I dreamt I was in the local library and bumped into the old man looking at books on the bookshelves as he often did

"Oh hello.. err, do you know you're dead?"

"Yes"

"Oh well, that's fine then. See you later" 

My parents sometimes appear in my dreams and iv got to be honest, even tho sometimes its just in weird as f**k mental dream context, or sometimes its just really brief and fleeting, I think its really nice. I'm not spiritual or superstitious or any of that but it gives me some "still with me" vibes. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Can't find the dream thread. I shall therefore post here. Yes, I'm apparently an adult and I get scared on occasion (a ludicrously random order, can be nothing in years but then can be multiple in a week and/or month).

Oddly I'm OK with the dark. Have walked creepy, unlit, country roads before (an owl!)* and was even once tracked by a falcon.

Had my absolute number one worst dream again the other night.

It was the dream where I have a nightmare and scramble to turn on the lamp/light on my bedside table, but in my dream when I try to turn on my bedside lamp it doesn't work, so I try to turn on the 'big' light in my bedroom, but that also doesn't work, so I run to the bathroom to try the light.

Said light also doesn't work and my utter panic (each time I try to turn on a light my panic increases) eventually wakes me up. 

I wake up utterly terrified and have to switch on my bedside lamp. I'm an, apparently, grown man, yet I have nightmares randomly (can be every week, can be every second week, can be every month, can be every six months and so on).

I don't find myself afraid of the dark (plenty of personal stuff attests to this) but when I have a nightmare I absolutely must have a light on.

Anyway, have not been sleeping well recently so have been having lots of mini dreams and not enjoying a lot of them as some involve my dead mum.

I've had some dreams with my dead maw and don't mind them but find it weird when my mum appears (mostly).

I’d probably stick a 50p in the meter before you go to bed if I were you.

Weirdest dream i had about dead relatives was a year after my mum died, i was in my old house, she was stood at the sink, doing the dishes, then my Grandad appeared, told him how much i missed him and hugged him. I woke up in absolute flood of tears. He also mentioned something about being there for my gran (who was still alive at that point) 9/10 weeks later, my gran had a massive stroke and passed away after holding on for a few weeks.

I still blame absolutely blitzing the all inclusive buffet before bedtime rather than some sort of spirits thing. 

59 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's my 34th birthday and I am going to get the obligatory caterpillar birthday cake later.

What's your favourite birthday cake?

Cheap supermarket type ones. White icing, jam and buttercream. Taken with a cup of tea 

Entered a raffle at a show today to win a shed, the sort where you select a square on any of the sheets and fill in your details.  I was about to select #45, but then decided on #46, only to change to #45 just as ink was about to hit paper.  Well, guess what the winning number was... 😒 

35 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Guess who won a shed today?😀

Hiya Cheryl fae Keith, hiya pal!

Thanks to the tinpottery of the draw brought to you via the delights of Facebook, the lassies (who I doubt know much about GDPR) filmed themselves flicking through a large number of the pages and basically advertising a fair number of names and associated mobile numbers to the big bad world.  Their random number app kept selecting empty boxes, meaning they showed more and more.

... and no, thanks to the fold my number isn't one of them on show. 46 would have been though!

Edited by Hedgecutter

This fellow who was in the closing ceremony at the Paris Olympics is the cousin of the nice French barmaid at my local

bee.jpg.d0e66e3602697ea5efff8e6ebf7b3824.jpg

She said he was a golden bee but I thought he might be a wasp. For a couple of croissants perhaps he could lead the teams out at The Recs

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's my 34th birthday and I am going to get the obligatory caterpillar birthday cake later.

What's your favourite birthday cake?

I had a battenberg one year because i specifically requested it.  Was nice. 

Binned the fluoxetine recently. Felt it had 'run its course' (pun not intended) again in terms of being more useful than not and that it had tipped the other way.

Apart from some weird 'brain zaps' it's been fine and been feeling better.