Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Did you get the ones with Bluetooth so you can secretly blast The Prodigy during meetings without anyone complaining?

I did, and I plan to.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

better than watching Morton I suppose

To be honest, you turn it around and you're peering at a Farmfoods and the British Heart Foundation Scotland. Since the benches are likely to be filled with old coffin dodgers, it should save on transport costs.

Trainspotters still exist. Dunno why, but I kinda thought that was something that had died a death in the modern age.

Was at a train station today and there were at least a dozen guys of different ages on various platforms to film a (pretty generic looking) Intercity train pass through. Most didn't seem to know each other or interact much, like they'd all arrived separately. They seemed pretty excited and happy about it, so more power to them, I guess?

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Trainspotters still exist. Dunno why, but I kinda thought that was something that had died a death in the modern age.

Was at a train station today and there were at least a dozen guys of different ages on various platforms to film a (pretty generic looking) Intercity train pass through. Most didn't seem to know each other or interact much, like they'd all arrived separately. They seemed pretty excited and happy about it, so more power to them, I guess?

Did you hear about the trainspotter who was run over by a steam train? 

He was chuffed to bits

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

There's a fella who sits at the four corners in Glasgow city centre watching busses. Whatever floats your boat I suppose 

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

There's a fella who sits at the four corners in Glasgow city centre watching busses. Whatever floats your boat I suppose 

I'm beginning to think that anyone who spends their time watching Scottish football is in no position to judge.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Could be worse. I’ve just received this by email.

IMG_0806.jpeg

So that's why Rangers struggled to get concrete,  the anti ping pongers were to blame. 

Bus stations are always a magnet to interesting individuals.

When my son was a tot, the highlight of his week was when his gran would take him through to Central Station to watch trains arriving and departing. We used to take a detour on the way home from nursery so he could wave to trains from the bridge (shout out to the drivers who see excited wee boys and toot the horn at them).

He'd grown out of it by the time he started primary school, though. Must admit, I do kind of miss the days when I had a wee boy shaking with excitement because a goods train passed by  :P