Procycling thread

myshkin

Vingegaard had a double helping of EPO for breakfast for sure.

A bit odd that he didn’t back off even slightly in the final 2km to at least make it look like it might have been possible that he’s clean.

The fact that he put nearly 3 minutes into van Aert over a 22k hilly course is, dare I say, impossible.

I think I read somewhere that his Watts spiked by something like 20%. Red flags all over the place.

FWIW I also think Pogacar is also very sus.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

They’re spanking all the rest of the worlds best, including GT winners S Yates & Hindley, by minutes at a time. Only Roglic, Remco, Carapaz* & TGH, of other GT winners are missing. Whilst Bernal may never get to that level again.

Couldn’t say that Mas or Carapaz* wouldn’t have been cast aside with the rest here either, had their crash not happened too.

Edited by kiddy

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

They’re spanking all the rest of the worlds best, including GT winners S Yates & Hindley, by minutes at a time. Only Roglic, Remco, Carapaz* & TGH, of other GT winners are missing. Whilst Bernal may never get to that level again.

Couldn’t say that Mas or Carapaz* wouldn’t have been cast aside with the rest here either, had their crash not happened too.

Asterisk on Carapaz? 

Sounds like Movistar are going to throw the kitchen sink at Rodriguez. Wonder what Ineos do from here? Unless they do a deal for Evenepoel and Pidcock can grow into a GC contender. 

Regardless of any dodginess (and Pogacar looking like he was struggling and out of form and Still taking nearly 2 minutes out of Woet van Aaert is incredible as they say), it's been a great race until now. Only interest now is if Yates is given license to try and defend third place or if he'll have give that up to support Pogacar.

I'm seeing a fair few Tweets today saying that Vingegaard was on a very good day and that Pog blew up.

What a crock of shite. Pogacar blew everyone else away - including how many national TT champs?

He did not blow up, but Vingegaard went up the final climb about a minute faster than Pog - whilst on a TT bike.

If you can't see the obvious then you'll never suspect anything. f**k me.

Those pesky Danes really love doping, don't they?

48 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'm seeing a fair few Tweets today saying that Vingegaard was on a very good and that Pog blew up.

What a crock of shite. Pogacar blew everyone else away - including how many national TT champs?

He did not blow up, but Vingegaard went up  the final climb about a minute faster than Pog - whilst on a TT bike.

If you can't see the obvious then you'll never suspect anything. f**k me.

Those pesky Danes really love doping, don't they?

This is it for me. I know in cycling it's always very easy to jump on the doping suspicion band wagon, but Pogacar being clearly on a very good day, on a bike built for that terrain, and still shipping so much time to Vingegaard absolutely stinks 

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

Only Roglic, Remco, Carapaz* & TGH, of other GT winners are missing. Whilst Bernal may never get to that level again.

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Asterisk on Carapaz? 

A GT winner that’s missing, but started the race before crashing out on stage 1.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

A GT winner that’s missing, but started the race before crashing out on stage 1.

I get you. 

How mental was that finish today by the way? Looked flat on the TV then you saw some of the best climbers in the world weaving across the road almost at a standstill. 

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Can't just be coincidence that L'Equipe ran a headline very similar to one from over 20 years ago. Think that tells you what they thought of the time trial performance. 

Oofftt! From the two main protagonists on Armstrongs case.

Can you imagine what would be being said if this was Sky and Froome?

This looks like it could end up being the biggest winning margin since 2002.

There are actually folk claiming that Vingegaard took almost 2 minutes out of Pogacar in the TT because he "went round the corners a bit faster". Fucking hell.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can you imagine what would be being said if this was Sky and Froome?

This looks like it could end up being the biggest winning margin since 2002.

There are actually folk claiming that Vingegaard took almost 2 minutes out of Pogacar in the TT because he "went round the corners a bit faster". Fucking hell.

If he hadn't been delayed by the car/motorbike yesterday I think he would have caught Yates and Gall and won the stage, he was proper sprinting past other riders on the ascent. There's being better than everyone else, and I get team leaders get an easier ride than most but its getting ridiculous now

10 hours ago, honestly united said:

There's being better than everyone else, and I get team leaders get an easier ride than most but its getting ridiculous now

Tour De France Sport GIF by holimites

Edited by kiddy