Procycling thread

myshkin

Just lost a KOM to a French U23 I'd never heard of.  Would have been pretty cool to have one taken by WVA / MVDP / Pog etc, but this feels like a kick in the nuts, especially as I've no chance of getting it back.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

TGH moves to trek for the next 3 years. Presumably a leader to replace Mollema 

Interesting move. Lidl-Trek are one of the teams with a few quid around. I wonder what the plan is at Ineos. ITV spoke to Brailsford at the Tour and he said they were still wanting to win things, and obviously Remco is rumoured to be going there but with Jumbo-Visma and UAE Emirates still having the squads they have, how are they going to achieve that? 

On 10/08/2023 at 13:56, Salvo Montalbano said:

Interesting move. Lidl-Trek are one of the teams with a few quid around. I wonder what the plan is at Ineos. ITV spoke to Brailsford at the Tour and he said they were still wanting to win things, and obviously Remco is rumoured to be going there but with Jumbo-Visma and UAE Emirates still having the squads they have, how are they going to achieve that? 

It's rumoured Carlos Rodriguez might be moving teams as well. Bora being the current favourites to sign him. Got to think Total Direct will have a few quid to throw around with Sagan leaving although I see they've lost specialized as bike supplier with him leaving so would imagine other sponsorship was also dependant on him. 

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:

It's rumoured Carlos Rodriguez might be moving teams as well. Bora being the current favourites to sign him. Got to think Total Direct will have a few quid to throw around with Sagan leaving although I see they've lost specialized as bike supplier with him leaving so would imagine other sponsorship was also dependant on him. 

I thought Rodrigez was going to Movistar? Or was that someone else? Seems like they are losing riders left, right and centre at the moment.

BBC with a completely English presenting crew transported North doing the mens ITT. Not as if BBC Scotland couldn’t have supplied some presenters on it. They even carted up Claire Balding for it!

Flicked over to Eurosport.

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

BBC with a completely English presenting crew transported North doing the mens ITT. Not as if BBC Scotland couldn’t have supplied some presenters on it. They even carted up Claire Balding for it!

I enjoyed Brian thingy giving some good local knowledge on Eurosport, except when he mistook Ben Ledi for Ben Lomond.

6 hours ago, kiddy said:

In fairness, Claire Balding has been at the velodrome since day one

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I thought Rodrigez was going to Movistar? Or was that someone else? Seems like they are losing riders left, right and centre at the moment.

Not liking quoting myself but read that Pavel Sivokov is also moving from Ineos to UAE, following Adam Yeats in making that same move. Seems clear that Jumbo Visma and UAE are miles ahead of the rest at the moment with Lidl-Trek, Ineos, Bahrain etc very much in the second tier.

Cracking day wx wise so far....

The end today..

Been excellent plus good to hear Pippa York on commentary team on Eurosport today..

Got out of the Robert Millar mural at Crow Road well, she said it's called a Muriel in the West of Scotland (or was it Glasgow) and not a gender thing...

Really enjoyed the road championships, didn't really watch anything else. The race yesterday was as good a women's one as I've seen, with the strongest rider eventually prevailing with everyone else giving their all and just falling short.

Lizzie Deignan rode a brilliant race tactically, but just didn't have the miles in her legs at the end.

It was also great to see so many people out watching the road events both in Glasgow, Stirling and along the routes. TV coverage also did a great job of showing Scotland off. Great event and maybe we can get another major road race here again before too long.

Oh, and a mention for young Scot Anna Shackley for picking up bronze in the U23 category. 

2 hours ago, printer said:

Oh, and a mention for young Scot Anna Shackley for picking up bronze in the U23 category. 

Other Scottish success was Charlie Aldridge winning the U23 cross country.

On 13/08/2023 at 14:46, RH33 said:

They had a shot of the tower at science centre and blurb on screen about it being rotating tower offer views across city.......failed mention it's never worked.

Ooh I was wondering the other day if it had ever worked! I thought it got fixed....