Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Had great nights at Alter Bridge last Saturday and Hayseed Dixie on Wednesday, now just about to head out to start the pre-drinking for Joe Satriani. biggrin.gif

I just wish that next time AB play a bigger venue and tour with Shinedown!

Feeder last night were pretty good although the irritating indie gimp crowd almost spoiled it...

Any good?I really wanted to go but was too slow.

Absolutely fantastic!

Obviously, Alice Glass doesn't sound the best (in fact, half the time she just whispers or doesn't bother singing) but she comes across like a demon onstage whipping the crowd into a frenzy. Ethan's faultless on the synths and the inclusion of a drummer's a good idea as well.

The strobe lighting was fantastic as well, their opener Fainting Spells was just a mix of noise and blinding lights which you could vaguely see Alice Glass onstage like a ghost just throwing herself about, the crowd also went mad for her every time she came out into the crowd to surf.

Even had a go at crowd surfing myself, done it twice and it was ace :lol: everyone rushing to try and high-five me.

Great, great gig. They played EVERYTHING as well that you would expect them to, hits from both albums and finished on Yes No which I don't think was ever released but is massive!

He's playing the Armadillo eh? Saw him there a few years back on the G3 tour with Vai & Fripp. Quality stuff.

Aye, first gig I've been to in the Armadillo and my mate got fantastic seats - front circle pretty much dead centre, brilliant view of the whole band. Musically up there with the best gigs I've ever been to, it really was superb. A few surprises in the set list, never expected him to play War. The support act was good too, guy called Simon McBride.

I just wish that next time AB play a bigger venue and tour with Shinedown!

While AB are undoubtedly a bigger band I don't know if Shinedown would support them. They sold out standing and a lot of the seating in the Academy on their own tour last November, despite not having anything like the amount of coverage in music press other bands who can sell out Academies get. They'll be back on their own tour soon enough I hope.

Feeder last night were pretty good although the irritating indie gimp crowd almost spoiled it...

I thought it was one of the best gigs I've been to, I was down the front getting involved. From the looks of things further back was pretty dead though.

While AB are undoubtedly a bigger band I don't know if Shinedown would support them. They sold out standing and a lot of the seating in the Academy on their own tour last November, despite not having anything like the amount of coverage in music press other bands who can sell out Academies get. They'll be back on their own tour soon enough I hope.

Hope so, although Motorhead/Alice Cooper and Lynyrd Skynyrd/Deep Purple both worked at the SECC, why not Alter Bridge/Shinedown there?

The SECC ain't great, but it's the only venue in Glasgow bigger than the Academy (well except the Armadillo, but that's almost entirely seated).

Hope so, although Motorhead/Alice Cooper and Lynyrd Skynyrd/Deep Purple both worked at the SECC, why not Alter Bridge/Shinedown there?

The SECC ain't great, but it's the only venue in Glasgow bigger than the Academy (well except the Armadillo, but that's almost entirely seated).

How big is the Barras? If Slayer and Limp Bizkit play the Barras and Academy, respectively, then Alter Bridge and Shinedown aren't big enough for the SECC.