Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got Richmond Fontaine tomorrow night at The Art School for their farewell tour. Glad I finally get to see them before they call it quits, plus the new record is great.

I can't imagine they'll be playing too much off that one. It's a bit of a weepy.  Maybe that's what they want.  I would have thought they'd play most of Post to Wire, though.  

They actually doing a UK tour?

Not seeing anything about Rammstein in the UK outside of Download?

Afraid not, that'll probably be once they have a new album to flog, and imagine we'll only get a few venues then.  It's only Download they're doing this year over here as far as I'm aware.  They're doing a handful of shows in Berlin.  Saw them in Munich a couple of tours ago, and certainly a different atmosphere to over here.  And Berlin in July will be just lovely.

But this time, instead of just selling their tickets through their website, which worked very well before, they farmed it out to someone called tickets.de.  They managed to screw up a fan presale, then the general sale, to the point where most people were completely locked out.  Six hours later, tickets sold out, and straight onto viagogo for a lot of them.  They announced a third day, exclusive to those who didn't already have tickets, and finally managed to get a hold of a couple.  Seriously, worst ticket experience I've ever had.

I can't imagine they'll be playing too much off that one. It's a bit of a weepy.  Maybe that's what they want.  I would have thought they'd play most of Post to Wire, though.  

Having a look at the sets and they play a fair chunk from it. I see they've got a last UK tour announced already for later in the year, but no Scottish dates, so maybe it'll be more evenly spread on that one?

Set from London the other night:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/richmond-fontaine/2016/dingwalls-london-england-3bf1d0f8.html

I can't imagine they'll be playing too much off that one. It's a bit of a weepy. Maybe that's what they want. I would have thought they'd play most of Post to Wire, though.

Played Hallway, Williamette and Always on the Ride from Post to Wire tonight, most of the songs from the new album. Confirmed final Scottish gig at The Caves, Edinburgh on 18 October.

Four Walls was closer tonight, the archetypal RF tour song - Willy Vlautin, the outstanding lyricist of this generation finishes on a song that enables the rest of the band to demonstrate their undoubted talent, God I'll miss them

Played Hallway, Williamette and Always on the Ride from Post to Wire tonight, most of the songs from the new album. Confirmed final Scottish gig at The Caves, Edinburgh on 18 October.

Four Walls was closer tonight, the archetypal RF tour song - Willy Vlautin, the outstanding lyricist of this generation finishes on a song that enables the rest of the band to demonstrate their undoubted talent, God I'll miss them

Last night was something special. Sound was great, band were phenomenal and there was generally just a good vibe about the place. Will definitely be going through to Edinburgh for the last show.

Oh yes! This could be legendary!

"This has been an unbelievable year for the city and it seemed like the perfect thing to do this summer. We cannot wait to throw the city the greatest party they have ever seen. Sergio X."

Tickets on sale THIS SATURDAY 10AM!

post-19616-14618817853264_thumb.jpg

^^^This.

Is he playing over here? :huh:

He played the Glasgow concert hall last night. Just him, several acoustic guitars and a very talented bloke called Brian. Tremendous stuff, played for 2.5 hrs, who else could sing the words to Metallicas One with the tune from U2's One?

'One' very cool dude.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Despite the lineup not looking great, it was actually a decent day at Stag & Dagger yesterday. Will Joseph Cook, The Bar Dogs and Barns Courtney were decent but We Are Scientists knocked it out the park. Only disappointment was the sound in Nice N Sleazys completely ruining The Van Ts. Totally inaudible, which was a shame, cause the place was packed out for when they came on.