Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I was at the Manics, it was excellent.  Everything Must Go is such a great album, it was good hearing the songs that aren't really widely played - The Girl Who Wanted to Be God was excellent as was Removables.

The Girl Who Wanted to Be God was absolutely brilliant. That and No Surface All Feeling were the highlights of the EMG set. Thought Elvis Impersonator was a bit of a disappointing opener but it was all good from A Design for Life onwards.

Tremendous closer in If You Tolerate This... as well.

Loved Brian Wilson last night. Given his age it was never gonna be technically perfect but it just seemed like a celebration of the life and work of a 100% music legend.

Loved Brian Wilson last night. Given his age it was never gonna be technically perfect but it just seemed like a celebration of the life and work of a 100% music legend.

This is bang on. Hearing God Only Knows and Good Vibrations live will live with me for the rest of my life. Great gig generally though.

Got The Twistettes tonight at Tuts. Their album is great and not had a chance to see them live yet so looking forward to that one.

After that, seeing the Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Barras on Thursday (Anton Newcombe has said that they'll be playing for three hours), then The Van T's on Friday and The California Feetwarmers on Sunday.

Went to see We Are Scientists last week in Zürich. Venue was a pub called Neo which held around 100 people tops. 2 foot from the stage through necessity. Outstanding gig. Ended up talking to them after the gig. Boys were sound as f**k.

Tempted to get tickets for their gig at King Tuts in September as I plan a visit home around then anyway.

Went to see We Are Scientists last week in Zürich. Venue was a pub called Neo which held around 100 people tops. 2 foot from the stage through necessity. Outstanding gig. Ended up talking to them after the gig. Boys were sound as f**k.

Tempted to get tickets for their gig at King Tuts in September as I plan a visit home around then anyway.

I'm going to the Tuts one.

I'm also going to Tuts. They were phenomenal at Stag & Dagger this year and I'm digging their new stuff. Seen them live about 7 or 8 times and they've always been great.

Also echo what folk are saying about them being sound. Met them in Variety after their Stag & Dagger set and they were brand new. 

Arab Strap reunion at barras on October 15th. EERMAAAHHGEEERD.

Arab Strap tickets purchased.

Got the Oran Mor all-dayer on Sunday which should be decent, then the Deslondes on Monday at Broadcast.

Also bought Arab Strap tickets.

P&B lads night oot with Malcom and Aiden. Genuinley hyped as wasn't that aware of them when played ABC in 06, but would consider them one of my favourite bands of all time. The Last Romance :wub: