Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires last night at The Tunnels in Bristol, which is a cracking wee venue. Support was a Scottish electro pop band called Apache Darling. A hell of a trip for a support gig. Bit of an odd mix and very sparsely attended. I didn’t see any posters or fliers. Everyone else’s loss. Those guys give 100% all the time every time.

Got VIP sorted for The Big Weekend in Manchester starting tomorrow. Bit of a mixed bag for the line up but looking forward to seeing Jake Shears, Todrick Hall and Rita Ora. Louise and Samantha Mumba will be fun too for the nostalgia hit.

Disappointed i cant make any of the three We Are Scientists  Scottish dates.  I saw them earlier in year at Stockton and Hull, and again at Clitheroe in October.  Absolutely fantastic live band.  Lottery Winners supported them at Hull they are one to watch out for.

We Are Scientists are tremendous live. They have spent the last few years touring some and gigging in some very understated places though. Could easily be selling out far bigger venues.

Die Toten Hosen tomorrow. Not a huge fan but they put on a hell of a performance. Few beers and hope the rain stays off and all will be good.

Aye We Are Scientists are great live and have some decent banter between songs. I remember when I saw them in 2007 at the Barrowlands they were talking about how Keith had a “tryst” with a walrus once, they got to that by talking about Billy Ocean iirc.

Aye We Are Scientists are great live and have some decent banter between songs. I remember when I saw them in 2007 at the Barrowlands they were talking about how Keith had a “tryst” with a walrus once, they got to that by talking about Billy Ocean iirc.

I saw them at Rockness in 2011 and seem to remember then being hilarious, although I was beyond wrecked by this point. Seem to recall him chatting about anoraks for a while

Guest Moomintroll

Franz Ferdinand next Saturday, surely to f**k these Danish bar prices are a hoax that they wind up gullible tourists with before they go there?