Gigs

pilsner_ffc

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

I attended Hamish Hawk's performance at the Barras on Saturday, and it was an incredible gig that I anticipate will make it into my top 10 by the end of the year. My initial encounter with Hamish Hawk was in November 2021 at the Great Eastern Festival in Edinburgh, where he played an acoustic set at Summerhall and later performed at the Queen Hall on the same day. Witnessing the sold-out show at the Barras on Saturday was almost like a full circle moment.

I'm attending a Pip Blom concert at Oran Mor tonight.

I thought HH was brilliant too, he’s an amazing performer and great to see him going from playing McChuills to a sold out Barrowlands two years apart!

30 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

AC/DC likely on their last tour given their ages, barely any UK dates 2 wembley ones and that's it is pretty shit

Gonna try for the Dublin one in august

Glad I got to see them at their peak with Bon and then a younger Brian and the rest of the “main” members of the group. Saw them last time they played Hampden but I can’t see me spending any more money on this line up. 

Good luck getting tickets. Enjoy. 

I saw them twice on the "Black Ice" album tour, Friday at Wembley Stadium - the day after Michael Jackson died - then the Tuesday after at Hampden, so that ticked my boxes, I guess.

I'd perhaps have made the effort to go along if there were to be a Scottish date, but I'm certainly not gonna go all way down to London.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Glad I got to see them at their peak with Bon and then a younger Brian and the rest of the “main” members of the group. Saw them last time they played Hampden but I can’t see me spending any more money on this line up. 

I could've posted this word for word🤟

12 hours ago, Molotov said:

Cheers man, i missed the Hampden gig due to a holiday, wanting this one to say "ive seen them" along with a few others, spoke to the missus last night we're gonna try make a 3 or 4 nights of it in dublin as ive changed jobs this year and she's in the process of trying to as well so getting a proper holiday is probably off the cards this year. 

Can imagine when you saw them it was tremendous

14 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

AC/DC likely on their last tour given their ages, barely any UK dates 2 wembley ones and that's it is pretty shit

Gonna try for the Dublin one in august

Don't see this being the last tour. Angus is so money driven that he's likely to drag the band to its 60th anniversary I reckon. Whether that's with or without Brian on vocals is another question.

29 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Don't see this being the last tour. Angus is so money driven.

Is he?

He is without doubt one of the greatest live performers that I’ve ever seen. That’s going back decades. 

If he continues to perform to inspire other people to pick up the guitar then  rock on Angus!

Has anyone got advice for any early access to AC/DC tickets?

One of my pals has never seen them live and wants to get tickets. 

Think he wants to go to Wembley but I’m tempted to suggest he looks at other venues. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Edited by Molotov

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

Has anyone got advice for any early access to AC/DC tickets?

One of my pals has never seen them live and wants to get tickets. 

Think he wants to go to Wembley but I’m tempted to suggest he looks at other venues. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Dunno if there's any early access, according to the bands twitter the sale is friday, given the size of the arenas chosen surely theres a more than decent chance of getting them if they try first thing 

What other venues other than Wembley you thinking? I was thinking of amsterdam today but getting time off work isnt happening so back to Dublin lol

Theres a number of german dates, some are during the euros so travelling to them might be expensive, same with the paris one which is apparently during the Olympics lol

9 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Don't see this being the last tour. Angus is so money driven that he's likely to drag the band to its 60th anniversary I reckon. Whether that's with or without Brian on vocals is another question.

Surely if it gets to the stage where he is the only member left touring he'll even call it a day, this one is without Cliff and Phil and obviously Malcolm, if Brian chucks it then is there a point lol

On 10/02/2024 at 13:10, Miguel Sanchez said:

There are people queuing for The 1975 at the Millennium Dome. The gig is on Monday night. There are three events at the venue at the weekend before The 1975.

There are people who still behave properly at gigs

On 12/02/2024 at 09:14, betting competition said:

I attended Hamish Hawk's performance at the Barras on Saturday, and it was an incredible gig that I anticipate will make it into my top 10 by the end of the year. My initial encounter with Hamish Hawk was in November 2021 at the Great Eastern Festival in Edinburgh, where he played an acoustic set at Summerhall and later performed at the Queen Hall on the same day. Witnessing the sold-out show at the Barras on Saturday was almost like a full circle moment.

I'm attending a Pip Blom concert at Oran Mor tonight.

Both of those are among my SxSW all time favourites.  Pip Blom’s album was a bit hit or miss for me, but her live show is great.