Gambling forum quick questions thread

Does anyone here keep a ratings system? If so how do you work out a teams home superiority. There are many ways to do it (Points, Goals, Modified Score etc) but the principles will be the same.

Also, I still can find a decent stats web-site. www.football.co.uk is ok but it appears to stop recording the SFL stats prior to last season.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really a gambling question, but is gambling related.

I withdrew £30 from my William Hill account on Monday and this usually takes a couple of days to get into my account as you may well know. It's now Friday morning and it hasn't reached my account. I got a new bank card from Lloyds TSB on wednesday morning, this has a different debit card number. So i'm assuming that's why the money isn't in my account.

The question then is will the money find it's way into my account, or who do I get in touch with William Hill or my bank to find out where the money's gone/going?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here had their accounts shut down by StanJames before? On chat to them at the moment and I'm getting ridiculously pissed off.

Yeah, I had an account shut down after less than a week. Three bets placed (two £50 singles and a £25 double), which came in and they closed my account.

This was in late 2010 though and I was betting on SFL 3 so sort of understood it, if you get what I mean.

Anyone on here had their accounts shut down by StanJames before? On chat to them at the moment and I'm getting ridiculously pissed off.

Yip stan james vc bwin and im restricted on 3 others the kunts

Lets say I have a £20 bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan to win the World Championship snooker, before the tournament starts, at 4/1. (Those were his odds with one bookie IIRC).

Then, at the semi-final stage, if he made it that far obviously, his odds shorten a fair bit (again, obviously). What is firstly, the easiest way to calculate stakes/laying with regards to making a guaranteed profit, no matter what the outcome of the tournament? And secondly, what would be involved in doing this?

Lets say I have a £20 bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan to win the World Championship snooker, before the tournament starts, at 4/1. (Those were his odds with one bookie IIRC).

Then, at the semi-final stage, if he made it that far obviously, his odds shorten a fair bit (again, obviously). What is firstly, the easiest way to calculate stakes/laying with regards to making a guaranteed profit, no matter what the outcome of the tournament? And secondly, what would be involved in doing this?

£100 divided by odds(evens = divide by 2, 1/2 = divide by 1.5 etc)

At evens you'd lay £50.

Ronnie wins, you gain £80 from your bet and lose £50 from your lay, £30 profit.

Ronnie loses, you gain £50 from your lay and lose £20 from your bet,£30 profit.

Long time since I've had a bet so I would check that it works for a few examples b4 I took it as accurate.

Edited by ayrmad

http://www.trickybet.net/lay-calculator

Price backed

-------------------- x stake

Price to lay

Eg from 4/1 into evens:

------- x 20 = £50 lay stake to guarantee £30 either way

This formula is correct but doesn't take into account the fact that you will normally be paying commission on a lay. the website I linked to does.

Couple of questions regarding tennis betting that hopefully someone will be able to help with. More of a football bettor and don't do much tennis, and when I do it's usually simple Match Odds trading.

Anyway, I layed David Ferrer to win 3-0 in the Set Betting market for 1.77, and he's just lost the second set, meaning my £100 bet wins. However, it's allowing me to cash out for £101.04 profit right now.

First question is, why am I able to cash out for more than if I just simply let this run and the market close? I know it's only £1.04 more, but the bigger the bet, the more additional profit for doing nothing.

Secondly, say someone retired in this match - would the Set Betting market completely void? If there's potential for it to be voided, surely it's safer to cash out in these instances. Or would my bet still be settled seeing as it was a guaranteed winning position?

Edited by Nightmare

I believe all set betting is voided in the event of an injury. However especially in Tennis betting individual bookmakers have their own rules. Some book makers will settle match betting as long as the match has started, others as long as two sets are complete, and others void the bets totally.

As for your other question I do not know. Seems a bit strange to be able to cash out more profit than you would get from your bet winning.

I've not looked at the draw but that's probably because Robson has an easier run in to the final than her opponent, if she wins her next match obviously.

Seeing as they are opponents, they have exactly the same run to the final.

I've not looked at the draw but that's probably because Robson has an easier run in to the final than her opponent, if she wins her next match obviously.

Wut????

It is probably more that bookmakers have a liability (or are trying to prevent a liability building up) on Robson winning Wimbledon.

How can Laura Robson have odds of 33/1 to win wimbledon (which won't happen) and her upcoming opponent has odds of 50/1 but yet for the match Laura is evens and her opponent is 4/5?

A player can have a superior head to head record against a player, and therefore are more likely to win a match against them. However that doesn't make them more likely to win Wimbledon.

The real answer is probably that the bookies will have taken her odds in to win Wimbledon as they are looking to reduce their liabilities as mid-table stated. Bookies odds never reflect actual probabilities.

That is the daftest thing I have read on here for a while, think about what your posting!