Gambling forum quick questions thread

I just signed up to Ladbrokes using the GET30 mobile offer.

Anyone else used this? In order to get £30 free bets i need to bet £10. Can anyone tell me if this can be used on several bets (2 trebles) or just a single?

Thanks

I think you have to download their mobile app and do it. I did it with a £10 single (on Gillingham last night sad.gif)

Alright Lads,.Im considering opening a betfair account for tomorrow to take advantage of the £25 free bet. The offer seems a little different from others, so looking for clarification. May be posted elsewhere but can't find it.

I place £25 bet, firstly any conditions on this? I shall go for the single.

It loses and Betfair credit my account £25. The T & C's don't say this is a free bet, so can i withdraw it or does it need to rollover a certain number of times?

Cheers

I've no idea, it was 2001 when I signed up.

No doubt fanny paddery will be along with a Refer and Earn code for you shortly. ;)

Haha am i beginning to get a reputation?

I can confirm that the bet is indeed completly free, bet £25 and they give you £25. Further more the £25 doesnt need to be in one go.

Question about Paddy Power. I signed up to place a few bets on the Scottish Cup for this weekend's games. I checked tonight to see how I'd got on, basically because I can't remember all the teams I had on, and my account is suspended.

They sent me an email saying they couldn't confirm that I am over 18 (which I am). I'll need to send them some passport photos to sort it out but are they taking the piss? They were perfectly happy to take over £30 off me before 'verifying my age'. I imagine I have at least some winnings back from it so could they be playng funny c*nts?

Question about Paddy Power. I signed up to place a few bets on the Scottish Cup for this weekend's games. I checked tonight to see how I'd got on, basically because I can't remember all the teams I had on, and my account is suspended.

They sent me an email saying they couldn't confirm that I am over 18 (which I am). I'll need to send them some passport photos to sort it out but are they taking the piss? They were perfectly happy to take over £30 off me before 'verifying my age'. I imagine I have at least some winnings back from it so could they be playng funny c*nts?

You are often required to send through scans of passports etc to verify your account.

This applies particularly if you are not on the electoral roll, or have no credit history at your current address.

Essentially they are taking the piss, yes. They're happy to TAKE your money without checking, but if you win, they want you to prove it.

It's not just PP, that's how a lot of them operate. You're of age though, right? Just take a picture of a driving license or passport and email it to them. Not a great deal of effort... unless you don't have either.

Yeah it's easy enough to sort out. I would just rather they had asked me for ID during the signing up and registering my card process rather than days later when I've probably won something.

Cheers for the feedback.

I've just joined Betfair, and I'm not gonna lie, it's mightily confusing.

I know you can set your own odds for the matches and stuff but I basically want to avoid doing this. So when you see a match and it has the blue and purple boxes for back and lay, that's just you betting on what you think or what you don't think will happen. And when you select the outcome and it has the adjustable odds, that's just you selecting the odds that you can bet on(I know if you select higher than what's available then it won't go through).

Is that about the sum of it?

How do you go about selecting your own odds then?

I've just joined Betfair, and I'm not gonna lie, it's mightily confusing.

I know you can set your own odds for the matches and stuff but I basically want to avoid doing this. So when you see a match and it has the blue and purple boxes for back and lay, that's just you betting on what you think or what you don't think will happen. And when you select the outcome and it has the adjustable odds, that's just you selecting the odds that you can bet on(I know if you select higher than what's available then it won't go through).

Is that about the sum of it?

How do you go about selecting your own odds then?

Thats the sum of it, you set your own odds by selecting the odds as you describe

Paddy Power would be required by law to give you all money back you staked if you were under age. So if you can't prove your eighteen you'll get the money back. However once you prove you are over 18 I am sure they will honour the bet.

I have had prove I was over the age of 18 with Paddy Power too.

Paddy Power would be required by law to give you all money back you staked if you were under age. So if you can't prove your eighteen you'll get the money back. However once you prove you are over 18 I am sure they will honour the bet.

I have had prove I was over the age of 18 with Paddy Power too.

To be fair they were fairly quick to respond and reactivate my account once I fired off an email with my details. I just think it should be part of the registering process rather than after a winning bet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...