Unpopular opinions.

On 07/07/2018 at 11:34, D.A.F.C said:
On 07/07/2018 at 11:03, NJ2 said:

Greggs is absolutely shite! I’m struggling to think of a high street baker that is worse. c***s have made a living of just being convenient.

Most fast food is utter rubbish. £15 for a pizza is the one that gets me. You can get a decent one from a supermarket with fresher ingredients for £2.

On 07/07/2018 at 13:12, Highland Capital said:

I can never understand why people go to massive corporate chains when local independent stores deserve the cash far far more.

On 07/07/2018 at 22:04, Gaz FFC said:

Spent a decade working in the houses of shameless life losers who would be no loss to  decent society.

They teach nothing but bad habits to the offspring and it multiplies.

The problem is only going to get worse as we move on and I very much doubt we can stop it.

I hear too many bad stories from friends/colleagues that just anger decent people as to the type of society we are becoming.

They are the sort of people at work when you ask for a recommendation for a restaurant tell you they went out and  had a fantastic meal at Frankie & Benny's / TGI /  Chiquito / Bella Italia

No you went out to a chain restaurant barely better than McDonalds or Burger King where the majority of food is pre-prepared offsite then frozen and delivered in portions for reheating or mocrowaving. You can eat OK at these places if that is the options available but you cannot have a fantastic meal at these places.

It is mass produced, cheapest ingredients possible product.

They are the sort of people at work when you ask for a recommendation for a restaurant tell you they went out and  had a fantastic meal at Frankie & Benny's / TGI /  Chiquito / Bella Italia
No you went out to a chain restaurant barely better than McDonalds or Burger King where the majority of food is pre-prepared offsite then frozen and delivered in portions for reheating or mocrowaving. You can eat OK at these places if that is the options available but you cannot have a fantastic meal at these places.
This ties in with a previous pttgoyn of mine with the wife and her maw, who describe the most run of the mill stuff as "beautiful". It is often applied to food and I never have the heart to tell Mrs B when she wishes to follow up on yet another "beautiful" restaurant recommendation that one look at the menu reveals said place is very obviously no more than frozen food/pub grub type averageness.

Stop fucking abusing superlatives like beautiful ffs.

These places serve a purpose. They’re convenient, quick and easy. Handy if, for example, you decide to go to the cinema on a whim but there’s nothing decent on anytime soon. However, don’t expect anything above absolutely ordinary though. Folk that think they’re actually good there’s no point trying to educate.

16 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

These places serve a purpose. They’re convenient, quick and easy. Handy if, for example, you decide to go to the cinema on a whim but there’s nothing decent on anytime soon. However, don’t expect anything above absolutely ordinary though. Folk that think they’re actually good there’s no point trying to educate.

Aye. I dont want my post to sound snobby. I eat and enjoy a wide range of absolute shite from time to time (eg I live Bachelors Pasta n Sauce), and can thouroughly appreciate a McDonalds etc. But there are people who think that food doesnt get absolute light years better than that and I pity them

Aye. I dont want my post to sound snobby. I eat and enjoy a wide range of absolute shite from time to time (eg I live Bachelors Pasta n Sauce), and can thouroughly appreciate a McDonalds etc. But there are people who think that food doesnt get absolute light years better than that and I pity them

Aye, exactly. It’d be hypocritical to say I haven’t enjoyed a meal from chain restaurants but I’m aware there is much better options available. Still, live and let live. If folks are absolutely delighted to go to TGI’s then that’s fine.

Aye, exactly. It’d be hypocritical to say I haven’t enjoyed a meal from chain restaurants but I’m aware there is much better options available. Still, live and let live. If folks are absolutely delighted to go to TGI’s then that’s fine.
Aye, but just dont come to me telling me its fucking beautiful. Cos it ISNY!!!!

On 7/6/2018 at 21:39, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They fucking died, get over it.

Was that the club or the company? 

Sorry.

:getmecoat:

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This ties in with a previous pttgoyn of mine with the wife and her maw, who describe the most run of the mill stuff as "beautiful". It is often applied to food and I never have the heart to tell Mrs B when she wishes to follow up on yet another "beautiful" restaurant recommendation that one look at the menu reveals said place is very obviously no more than frozen food/pub grub type averageness.

Stop fucking abusing superlatives like beautiful ffs.

This is uncannily almost word for word what I was going to reply to the same post. My missus eats the blandest of shit and has been known to refer to both sausages and chips as "absolutely beautiful". Not so much anymore since I started ripping the pish out of her for it. 

At the beginning of the year she promised that she was going to try and eat more varied types of food - her first dinner was a fucking cheese pizza. 

45 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This is uncannily almost word for word what I was going to reply to the same post. My missus eats the blandest of shit and has been known to refer to both sausages and chips as "absolutely beautiful". Not so much anymore since I started ripping the pish out of her for it. 

At the beginning of the year she promised that she was going to try and eat more varied types of food - her first dinner was a fucking cheese pizza. 

Every “beautiful” thing my missus eats these days is “the best I’ve ever tasted”.

Grilled a bit of cheap halloumi for her and stuck in a pitta bread the other day “best halloumi and pitta bread I’ve ever had” she says.

Aye, f**k off.

Every “beautiful” thing my missus eats these days is “the best I’ve ever tasted”.
Grilled a bit of cheap halloumi for her and stuck in a pitta bread the other day “best halloumi and pitta bread I’ve ever had” she says.
Aye, f**k off.
Shes trying to flatter u m8. Maybe you should put out?

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

I tried to spell it that way but it got corrected. I find that she doesn’t really come out with anything original and just spouts stuff that we already knew about inequality etc. Don’t think she is anything special.

I reckon her shopping list would make more interesting reading than anything you have ever posted on here.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Aye, f**k off.

Shes trying to flatter u m8. Maybe you should put out?

Twice in a quarter?

Not fucking likely.

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

I tried to spell it that way but it got corrected. I find that she doesn’t really come out with anything original and just spouts stuff that we already knew about inequality etc. Don’t think she is anything special.

Want a laugh? Go and post that in politics forum. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I spent some time in her company at a wedding a couple of years ago.  She was a bit of an arsehole, to be honest, but she was wearing Star Wars cufflinks, so that redeemed her a bit.

I had Star Trek cufflinks on.  I've no idea whether she thought I was an arsehole or not.  Probably.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

8 hours ago, throbber said:

I find Mairi Black pretty boring and irritating.

Almost all of the new breed of young MPs are terrifying in their naivety and cringe, especially those launched in on vagina shortlists.

I do like Black's spunk though.

Edited by banana