Unpopular opinions.

2 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Given that you are probably the only person ever to have uttered that, I think you may have won the thread.

I’ll wager Tommy Robinson hates Only Fools and Horses so no doubt throbber will be along to agree with Cerberus shortly.

Only Fools is ok but it’s predictable, hit and miss and there are a lot of better sitcoms. imo. Frasier, Blackadder, The Office, Father Ted, Peep Show, The Thick of It, I’m Alan Partridge, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc.

It's full of Brexit, "yer da" type jokes about Jews, "blacks" and homosexuals.
It should be consigned to scrap heap of history. Luckily millennials find it offensive so it will be eventually.
Where do they joke about "Jews"?

And it's not even remotely close to "full" of jokes about "Jews, blacks and homosexuals".

- I can't recall any jokes about "Jews"

- There's a scene with the dolls where Del comments about jelly babies after the black doll inflates, they also use the term "paki shop" in an episode.

- In a bar he makes a comment about dancing with their backs to the wall when a gay man serves them. He also makes a hand gesture to imply Rodney isn't gay when talking to Albert.

That's four cases I can think of that nowadays would be classed as racist. Given it had 64 episodes I think it's just complete nonsense what you're saying.

Millennials FFS: these will be the same morons who keep shite like Miranda and Citizen Khan on the box and who think Methadone Mick is the best character to appear on Still Game.

It will never be on the scrapheap. It will always go down as one of our nation's greatest comedies.

I thought Miranda Hart was firmly for the middle-aged housewife demographic; a kind-of completely talentless Victoria Wood, for people who find the work "spanking" dreadfully risque and the height of hilarity. It's hard to believe the youngsters would be keeping her in work.

I thought Miranda Hart was firmly for the middle-aged housewife demographic; a kind-of completely talentless Victoria Wood, for people who find the work "spanking" dreadfully risque and the height of hilarity. It's hard to believe the youngsters would be keeping her in work.
My wee cousin finds her hilarious. Disgusted to say I'm related to her.

51 minutes ago, The OP said:

Only Fools is ok but it’s predictable, hit and miss and there are a lot of better sitcoms. imo. Frasier, Blackadder, The Office, Father Ted, Peep Show, The Thick of It, I’m Alan Partridge, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc.

Enjoy them while you can champ, in a few years you'll be a racist/sexist/transphobe/xenophobe/etc. for watching them ;) 

3 hours ago, banana said:

Enjoy them while you can champ, in a few years you'll be a racist/sexist/transphobe/xenophobe/etc. for watching them ;) 

Not on the list, but i see friends is already beyond the pale for being homophobic. It should be beyond the pale, but for being irritating.

Blackadder is definitely transphobic. Bob's gender identity issues are exploited for laughs when we should be empathising with his/her pain. 

55 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not on the list, but i see friends is already beyond the pale for being homophobic. It should be beyond the pale, but for being irritating.

Blackadder is definitely transphobic. Bob's gender identity issues are exploited for laughs when we should be empathising with his/her pain. 

Quite.

The OP hasn't realised yet that he's the type of temporal raging bigot who will be hoisted by his own petard in due course.

It's full of Brexit, "yer da" type jokes about Jews, "blacks" and homosexuals.
It should be consigned to scrap heap of history. Luckily millennials find it offensive so it will be eventually.

Yeah, we should all be grateful for offended millenials.

Friends is obviously pretty shit (although I don’t mind it as background noise.

I’ve read the list of things that are apparently offensive about it and it just seems people have spectacularly missed the point of some jokes and lost the heid at the mere mention of homosexuals etc