Unpopular opinions.

It wasnt a joke.  Im being serious.  It was a good tour even if you detest Harry Potter.
I used to be scathing of Harry Potter. Then I read the books, watched the films and I'm a complete nerd for it. Brilliant story telling and very satisfying last couple of books.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
It wasnt a joke.  Im being serious.  It was a good tour even if you detest Harry Potter.

I used to be scathing of Harry Potter. Then I read the books, watched the films and I'm a complete nerd for it. Brilliant story telling and very satisfying last couple of books.

You should try The Famous Five books next.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Think theres a lot of sensible talk in here about the Grenfell thing. Folk being outraged doesnt equate to a crime been committed.

However, unfortunately for these morons, these days trial by social media is often a fate worse than the courts though. This will follow them about forever

Good.

One of the reasons WWI was referred to as "The War to End Wars" is that many believed the machine gun had effectively made war obsolete.
I've often wondered what life would be like if humans took all the brainpower, effort and money that they invest in coming up with new and more efficient ways of killing, and put it towards finding ways to help each other. What a world we could have if so many people weren't c***s.
War is the ultimate form of competition and competition drives the advancement of technology. Basically never fight a fair fight.
This has driven countless inventions and developed existing technologies which benefit us in every bit of our daily lives. Take air travel. Not just jet engines but the radar and navigation equipment. The ballistic technology used to fire missiles developed and was used in the space industry which in turn advanced communication and entertainment industry by placing satellites in orbit.
At the other end of the scale the medical profession made great advances in reconstructive and plastic surgery.
Even suncream was developed because of war.
Would these have been thought of without war, quite possibly, but the speed of advance would have been slower.

35 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

War is the ultimate form of competition and competition drives the advancement of technology. Basically never fight a fair fight.
This has driven countless inventions and developed existing technologies which benefit us in every bit of our daily lives. Take air travel. Not just jet engines but the radar and navigation equipment. The ballistic technology used to fire missiles developed and was used in the space industry which in turn advanced communication and entertainment industry by placing satellites in orbit.
At the other end of the scale the medical profession made great advances in reconstructive and plastic surgery.
Even suncream was developed because of war.
Would these have been thought of without war, quite possibly, but the speed of advance would have been slower.

Aye, but we'd have been spared the Paralympics. 

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

They haven't been charged with making a joke in bad taste tho'. It's about their islamphobic comments during it. Well, to be precise, them saying something islamaphobic at a bonfire isn't a crime in itself but by recording it and sharing it publicly it falls under the laws regarding hate speech.

This right here folks is an great example of what happens when ludicrous concepts such as 'Hate Speech' and 'Hate Crime' become accepted.

Blasphemy widens from de facto existence (see: political correctness, censorship, self-censorship, violence/threat against blasphemers) to existence in policy and law. And it's celebrated as a good thing.

Recognise totalitarian ideology when you see it.

The Harry Potter Studio Tour is actually quite good.
Have to agree. Was there in the summer and was very sceptical, my wife and daughter are fans but I'm not fussed and expected it to be a complete rip off. It turned out to be a very good day out.