Unpopular opinions.

When I was a kid most people who had dogs had border collies, labradors, golden retreivers or West Highland terriers.  Nowadays everyone seems to have one of these weird breeds with squashed faces, some ratty thing that needs to wear a coat or some terrifying creature bred to rip your arm off.

The problem with both cats and dogs is shite. 
Dogs do bigger and more messy shites in more public places and are therefore worse. 
There should be no need to specially breed animals for captivity just for company. Working animals, OK, but not just to keep in the house. 
Dog shite in public areas is entirely down to irresponsible owners. Cat shite is much worse because they roam free. Every time I have to pick up cat shit in my garden it sends me loopy. I thought the wee b*****ds were supposed to bury it?

I disagree about your thoughts on breeding. I will always own a dog because I enjoy their company but both cats and dogs are, in many cases, the only form of company some older people have.

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When I was a kid most people who had dogs had border collies, labradors, golden retreivers or West Highland terriers.  Nowadays everyone seems to have one of these weird breeds with squashed faces, some ratty thing that needs to wear a coat or some terrifying creature bred to rip your arm off.

Or Mongrels with silly names like labradoodle or cockapoo that gullible people pay megabucks for. Hat's of to the breeders for that one. It's up there with selling potato peelings as potato skins and charging a  fiver.

Edited by thisal

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dog shite in public areas is entirely down to irresponsible owners. Cat shite is much worse because they roam free. Every time I have to pick up cat shit in my garden it sends me loopy. I thought the wee b*****ds were supposed to bury it?

I disagree about your thoughts on breeding. I will always own a dog because I enjoy their company but both cats and dogs are, in many cases, the only form of company some older people have.

Even the most responsible owners can only get 90% of the most repulsive skittery shite up though. 

Old people could have robots or sex dolls instead. 

Owners of dogs in pubs tend be the type that practically live in the place and will bore the f**k out of the poor person behind the bar and anyone in the vicinity with their opinions on absolutely everything... 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It's nice to know that the dog breeds are representative of the modern population of Scotland.

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Dogd are basically bred to take their lead from whoever owns them.

My old family dog, when let off the lead, would be through the first gap in a hedge she could find.

Into the field, and head straight for the nearest , freshest pile of cow shit. 

She'd eat it, roll in it..... absolute ecstacy.  

I don't recall doing any of that .

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

My old family dog, when let off the lead, would be through the first gap in a hedge she could find.

Not for ages, anyway.

Fooling no one

You’re literally called Beefybake.
It’s exactly what you would do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2019 at 10:14, Bairnardo said:

Both cats and dogs, despite being by far the most popular pets, seem to attract some very stupid hyperbole.

I work with a guy who is easily goaded into a cringeworthy rant about how all cats should be poisoned/shot/some other means of cat genocide.

You see the same with dogs. The reality is cats are about as inoffensive an animal as exists, and the problem with any given dog is almost exclusively their owners.

Cats are essentially entitled bitches.  Selfish, manipulative and evil. Their only true friend is the last person who fed them.  

Our dog recently killed our neighbours cat. 

I'll admit it wasn't pleasant to listen to  ( it happened behind the shed).

The neighbour's cat nonchalantly roamed into our garden, smug as f**k (because she's a cat, and she can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants) and came face to face with a dog who thought 'hang on, there's an intruder in my territory' and . . .well . . . basically our dog  dealt with it. 

i wasn't happy about it, but isn't that what dogs do? We did the  training/obedience classes, which he passed with flying colours, but instinct is instinct. 

Anyway. to bring it back to Unpopular Opinions . . . Cats are superfluous.

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy
Edited to remove superfluous apostrophe.

Ice cold beer is just a means of disguising an inferior product. 

If the Germans do one thing well it's a decent 500mls of draught pilsner. Served at a sensible temperature so you can actually taste the beer...

Edited by Angusfifer

35 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Cats are essentially entitled bitches.  Selfish, manipulative and evil. Their only true friend is the last person who fed them.  

Our dog recently killed our neighbours cat. 

I'll admit it wasn't pleasant to listen to  ( it happened behind the shed).

The neighbour's cat nonchalantly roamed into our garden, smug as f**k (because she's a cat, and she can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants) and came face to face with a dog who thought 'hang on, there's an intruder in my territory' and . . .well . . . basically our dog  dealt with it. 

i wasn't happy about it, but isn't that what dogs do? We did the  training/obedience classes, which he passed with flying colours, but instinct is instinct. 

Anyway. to bring it back to Unpopular Opinions . . . Cat's are superfluous.

As was that last apostrophe...