Unpopular opinions.

The build up, hanging decorations and carol singing are all shite.

Xmas day is about eating and getting a bit pissed and a general election does not affect that.
I prefer the build up* more than the day itself tbh. People tend to be a lot more pleasant in the run up to Christmas, particularly the week before. After Xmas day they revert back to being the p***ks they are. Putting decorations up is a nice time for the wee one(s) and builds the excitement. On Xmas day I'm sitting like 'I need to start getting this shite down in the next couple of days'.

* Build up being the start of December. Christmas stuff at this time of the year is a PTTGOMN.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Anyone who does post politics outside of the appropriate forum should be executed in the centre circle at half time in the Caramel Wafer Cup Final. IMO and I'll vote for any candidate who endorses this.

If they execute them by beheading them, then you have just put your own neck on the line by stating who you will be backing. Very much a turkey voting for Christmas scenario.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've been banned from buying Christmas presents for my family in the UK as "it's easier for me because I have a UK bank account". I personally think they're at it...... They could have at least waited until I was dead before forgetting about me!

Perhaps a post for the PTTGOYN thread but I've just realised it's almost time to play the annual game of "Why did we think it was a good idea to simply dump all the Christmas decorations in a cardboard box instead of sorting them properly?" Just untangling the lights will ruin at lease 1 Saturday. Bah!

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

If they execute them by beheading them, then you have just put your own neck on the line by stating who you will be backing. Very much a turkey voting for Christmas scenario.

To save P&B from the deluded ramblings of Highland Hamish Rugby Twats its a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

21 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Perhaps a post for the PTTGOYN thread but I've just realised it's almost time to play the annual game of "Why did we think it was a good idea to simply dump all the Christmas decorations in a cardboard box instead of sorting them properly?" Just untangling the lights will ruin at lease 1 Saturday. Bah!

The answer would be "Why the f**k does that matter when it's still October?"

51 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Thanks for playing :) 

I was expecting @DA Baracus but he's too clever I guess ;) 

The bait was too obvious.

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
51 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:
Thanks for playing emoji4.png 
I was expecting [mention=12228]DA Baracus[/mention] but he's too clever I guess emoji6.png 

Too busy stitching back together his Star Wars pants

I threw them in the Sarlaac pit.

On the topic of eating etiquette , I often use a spoon for meals like Chilli con Carne or a curry rather than a knife and fork. Basically anything where the main part of the meal doesn’t require much , if any, effort to be cut and mashed tattles , rice or most types of pasta is the principal accompaniment is easier eaten with a spoon. 
I  hasten to add that I would bow to convention and use a knife and fork if I was in polite company .
Despite having an advanced civilisation back in the day (and even more so now), I've never quite understood why the Chinese didn't come up with a better range of eating utensils than two sticks. There's a few quid to be made by the knife, fork and spoon salesman who persuades our Far Eastern cousins to dump chopsticks.

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 25/10/2019 at 11:08, A96 said:
On the topic of eating etiquette , I often use a spoon for meals like Chilli con Carne or a curry rather than a knife and fork. Basically anything where the main part of the meal doesn’t require much , if any, effort to be cut and mashed tattles , rice or most types of pasta is the principal accompaniment is easier eaten with a spoon. 
I  hasten to add that I would bow to convention and use a knife and fork if I was in polite company .

Despite having an advanced civilisation back in the day (and even more so now), I've never quite understood why the Chinese didn't come up with a better range of eating utensils than two sticks. There's a few quid to be made by the knife, fork and spoon salesman who persuades our Far Eastern cousins to dump chopsticks.

It's also pretty mad since they invented forks.