Unpopular opinions.

Great Chinese is rare and exceptional. Average Chinese is disgusting compared to average Indian.
This is the problem. Although I have a place in my heart for shite chinese in the same way I love a donner kebab, or Bachelors pasta n sauce, however, there are very few chinese takeaways who arent peddling MSG trash, and there are plenty of Indian takeaways delivering a high quality curry and naan bread that I would crawl over burning syringes for

This is the problem. Although I have a place in my heart for shite chinese in the same way I love a donner kebab, or Bachelors pasta n sauce, however, there are very few chinese takeaways who arent peddling MSG trash, and there are plenty of Indian takeaways delivering a high quality curry and naan bread that I would crawl over burning syringes for
This is simply the truth.

Finding a good Chinese place is difficult in Perth and in my experience, most places.

In Aberdeen, some of the Chinese takeaway places go as far to emblazon their windows with stuff like 'Full Hygiene' (way before Covid) and this comes as a reaction to the reputations they have earned, or rather not. It strikes fear in me and I would have to be withering away before I'd consider eating from a place like that.

I find that if you want decent Oriental food in this country then Thai seems to be a better choice.

Just now, scottmcleanscontacts said:

This is simply the truth.

Finding a good Chinese place is difficult in Perth and in my experience, most places.

In Aberdeen, some of the Chinese takeaway places go as far to emblazon their windows with stuff like 'Full Hygiene' (way before Covid) and this comes as a reaction to the reputations they have earned, or rather not. It strikes fear in me and I would have to be withering away before I'd consider eating from a place like that.

I find that if you want decent Oriental food in this country then Thai seems to be a better choice.

Thai is almost always good, IMO this is because thai cookery is difficult to get what you need at home to replicate. 

Thai is almost always good, IMO this is because thai cookery is difficult to get what you need at home to replicate. 
Possibly I really don't know. I don't think I've ever had a bad Thai meal. I can be sure I've had plenty of bang average or poor Chinese ones though where they actually make you feel quite ill for a time afterwards. I now stick to maybe two or three that I know to be good in the area.

It's quite the opposite with Indian food in Perth though. Few are amazing but none are really bad for curries etc.

3 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Is that even unpopular?

Though given a choice between a wanky pretentious double barrel moniker or something like Chardonnay which would you choose.

Abortion isn't an option.

Enough Chardonnay and you won't remember your own name, never mind care about anyone else's.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Great Chinese is rare and exceptional. Average Chinese is disgusting compared to average Indian.

The tip I was told was if you see Chinese folk eating in a Chinese restaurant it must be a good one.

I've seen Chinese students eating in a couple of places on the Southside but I suspect it's the equivalent of a bog standard chip shop for them.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The tip I was told was if you see Chinese folk eating in a Chinese restaurant it must be a good one.

I've seen Chinese students eating in a couple of places on the Southside but I suspect it's the equivalent of a bog standard chip shop for them.

Used to be such an establishment on Suchiehall St, Glasgow called The Canton Express. Solid clientele of elderly Chinese folk. They had a handwritten sign taped to the counter which said "dont ask for chips, we don't make them". Best Chinese I've ever had in my life.

Sadly gone now, probably driven out by the inferior buffet style places surrounding it.

Their seafood kon sui was something I still hanker after.

7 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Used to be such an establishment on Suchiehall St, Glasgow called The Canton Express. Solid clientele of elderly Chinese folk. They had a handwritten sign taped to the counter which said "dont ask for chips, we don't make them". Best Chinese I've ever had in my life.

Sadly gone now, probably driven out by the inferior buffet style places surrounding it.

Their seafood kon sui was something I still hanker after.

It's a real bummer when a favourite eatery goes under. I used to love a particular Vietnamese place in Denver where I was often the only, or at least one of very few non-Vietnames eating there. Mrs Shotgun and I paid a visit at the end of last year and I was immediately wary when I saw the place was mostly full of westerners. Sure enough, the food was syrupy, sticky goo in a shade of orange not found in nature. About as Vietnamese as I am. New owners, new clientele, cross it off the list.

Conveniently for you, you happen to live very close to one that doesn’t.
Correct [emoji16]

With an outstanding Indian even closer. We are very well served here in Larbert for the big 3 takeaways. Not so much for anything more exotic, but can get sushi, Thai, Italian and burgers etc from Falkirk if the mood takes.