Unpopular opinions.

18 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I know this is the Unpopular Opinion thread but some of the recent unpopular opinions over the last few pages have exposed some absolute wrong 'uns.

It does rather explain the massive popularity of Mrs Brown's Boys - nobody was watching that who also liked Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, let's be honest.

Can't stand fan entitlement. Fans are demanding. The customer is king. Working every hour god sends with honest intentions isn't enough.

Clubs, manager's and player's are at pains to keep them on board as you can't bite the hand that feeds, so we always hear about how great the fans are.

Wonder what they say privately.

On 05/05/2024 at 12:50, DA Baracus said:

Whilst we're talking unfunny pish, add in Only Fools and Horses. Awful gammony garbage.

Whilst I value your opinion, I don't get where the Gammony part comes into this 

On 05/05/2024 at 13:58, Salt n Vinegar said:

As far as I can recall, I have never met anyone else who has never watched an episode of The Office, (US or UK), Gavin and Stacey or Friends.

Any P&Bers able to join me?

I loved the UK office but...

The US one is better.

Also, Jim's character was awful. He was meant to be this loveable, pranky good guy but in reality was a controlling, bullying workshy twat.

Never watched Gavin and Stacey due to Corden.

Think that's a few unpopular opinions there. 

Posted (edited)

The US/UK Office comparisons made me wonder why the Americans never tried doing their own version of Fawlty Towers, but it turns out that they did. Three times.

IIRC, they're also on their fourth attempt at remaking Peep Show, one of which starred Johnny Galecki of Roseanne and The Big Bang Theory fame.

Edit: they're actually on remake attempt #5 for Peep Show.

Edited by BFTD

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Don't forget their abortion of an attempt at the Inbetweeners.

I really cannot imagine how that would work transposed to America. School life there is totally different to here, and the humour wouldn't translate at all.

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I really cannot imagine how that would work transposed to America. School life there is totally different to here, and the humour wouldn't translate at all.

It's worth a watch just for how hilariously bad it is 

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

I loved the UK office but...

The US one is better.

Also, Jim's character was awful. He was meant to be this loveable, pranky good guy but in reality was a controlling, bullying workshy twat.

Never watched Gavin and Stacey due to Corden.

Think that's a few unpopular opinions there. 

As I've said before, The Office's are two entirely different types of sitcoms. The UK one is more your 'cringe' type comedy whereas the US one is more a typical documentary style comedy. I think the US one is easier to watch but as much as I love them both I can't really compare them. 

I think that's harsh on Jim. He got on my tits at times but I didn't think he was controlling. He literally gave up his career for Pam. I suppose you can argue he was a bit of a bully but I think brown nosing jobsworths (Dwight) get exactly what they deserve. 

Gavin and Stacey is a really good sitcom. Cordon is a twat of the highest order but it's actually one of the few things he's done well. 

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

How the f**k did you manage get any level of clearance

Wait until you find out the level of vetting I got up to for the MOD and Polis. :shutup

Worrying like, ken?

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I've said before, The Office's are two entirely different types of sitcoms. The UK one is more your 'cringe' type comedy whereas the US one is more a typical documentary style comedy. I think the US one is easier to watch but as much as I love them both I can't really compare them. 

I think that's harsh on Jim. He got on my tits at times but I didn't think he was controlling. He literally gave up his career for Pam. I suppose you can argue he was a bit of a bully but I think brown nosing jobsworths (Dwight) get exactly what they deserve. 

Gavin and Stacey is a really good sitcom. Cordon is a twat of the highest order but it's actually one of the few things he's done well. 

I agree they're very different but the US one edges it for me. There are some truly great episodes in there.

I disagree about Jim's character, he bought a house without telling Pam. He took a job in a different city without telling Pam and only quit when she didn't want to move. He also tried to get Dwight fired numerous times, went over Michael's head to get a promotion and just constantly made belittling remarks to the rest of the office throughout the show. 

Maybe Gavin and Stacey is great but my hate for Corden runs too deep.

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Wait until you find out the level of vetting I got up to for the MOD and Polis. :shutup

Worrying like, ken?

I was a bit peeved when my clearance said I could only get on nuclear submarines if accompanied.

I'm golden nearly everywhere else.