Unpopular opinions.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I mean it's quite literally classed as a super food for humans. You can say you don't like the taste of it but it is supremely fit for humans. 

It makes sense really given where it comes from. It's no doubt a really efficient food source especially for those people back in the day before we were all alive. People have more choice nowadays so can turn their noses up at it.

Edited by 2426255

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just like blended placenta. 

Way too much information about Scott's birth.

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I posted a good recipe for that somewhere...

FTFY

Black pudding with a bit of goat's cheese and marmalade on a roll is absolute heaven.

Don't know how unpopular this is, but taking photos at parties and nights out is for "look at me" narcissists. It takes me out of the experience I'm having and, probably key to all of this, I fucking hate posing for photographs. 

37 minutes ago, velo army said:

Black pudding with a bit of goat's cheese and marmalade on a roll is absolute heaven.

Don't know how unpopular this is, but taking photos at parties and nights out is for "look at me" narcissists. It takes me out of the experience I'm having and, probably key to all of this, I fucking hate posing for photographs. 

Don't mind the odd one or two.  Constantly doing it would get on my tits though. 

41 minutes ago, velo army said:

I think every night out photo of me, looks like i have been forced to participate at gunpoint. 

Mate of mine from the football, his wife is a really lovely lassie who also helped me a lot when I had a bereavement a few years ago but every game, night out, Euro trip etc is just a barrage of photies and selfies, it's become a running joke/parody... probably when we were being held back in Sort of holding area after the Shakter Donetsk game and she approached the Warsaw riot police, all tooled up with shields, batons and fucking taser guns and asked, in all seriousness for pictures with them....

.....for fucks sake Claire 🤦‍♂️🤣

I trained my son to pretend to be sticking a finger up his nose whenever someone whipped a camera out. Still does it. He's an adult now. So pwoud.

Nope, no idea why I'm divorced, now that you're asking.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I trained my son to pretend to be sticking a finger up his nose whenever someone whipped a camera out. Still does it. He's an adult now. So pwoud.

Nope, no idea why I'm divorced, now that you're asking.

She's got better but we have a friend who used to feel the need to document every single interaction she had with anyone so she could post about it on social media. I took to doing the pretend finger up the nose bit as well because it was the only way to prevent her posting my picture. She would get mad at me but could never see my point that not everyone 'wants' the whole world to know where they are and what they're doing at all times.

I say she's got better but at the moment, I happen to know she and her husband are on holiday in Holland (Utrecht today, according to Facebook) and their dog is with a pet sitter. They have some quite nice stuff if anyone's interested in a spot of breaking and entering. PM me for details.

On 30/04/2024 at 09:47, The Moonster said:

I mean it's quite literally classed as a super food for humans. You can say you don't like the taste of it but it is supremely fit for humans. 

Can't find much online to back up this claim. Do you have a decent source?

On 28/03/2024 at 13:45, velo army said:

Wales are not, by any stretch of the imagination, close neighbours. It takes fucking ages to get there (and if you do drive there make sure you stop off at the pricey but impeccable Gloucester Services).

From your pad in Aberdeen at least, Cardiff is further away than Bergen, Stavanger, the Faroes, and a bit of the Netherlands.

I'm still raging that Welsh Rarebit is just a glorified bit of cheese on toast.  Ordered it for breakfast at a B&B in the hope it would be something interesting.  May as well have been pizza.

43 minutes ago, velo army said:

Can't find much online to back up this claim. Do you have a decent source?

Tbh I remember reading something on it years ago and can't seem to find the exact article. On checking just now, it appears it was claimed in 2016 and there is some debate over it, well there's no debate that it has very good stuff in it for humans but "super food" doesn't actually seem to have any scientific benchmark to guage it with.