Unpopular opinions.

11 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Star Wars is shit.

I'll take that one step further, George Lucas is the problem. He fucked the Indiana Jones franchise up too. As a kid I loved the earlier Star Wars but as an adult looking back he tried to tick all the boxes (aiming it at kids and adults) and he ended up bolloxing it. 

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don't like presents.  I'd be perfectly happy with no birthday or Christmas presents ever again, I think that adults giving each other stupid gifts they don't need is embarrassing.  Now that we have a child, I'm looking forward to being able to tell people that they can just buy him presents rather than anything for me.  My family, beign dour Presbyterian Highlanders, will happily comply but my wife's family still buy everyone presents and the value of these are silently noted.  My brother and sister in law even asked for money last year, I just find it undignified, people in their 30s asking their siblings and elderly parents for cash as a present.

I always sound a right miserable git when I complain to anyome who will listen about Christmas presents.

I keep saying that me and my wife work F/T and someone trying to guess what we would want is a waste of their time and the space in my house for whatever they buy me.

If i need/Want anything I will buy it.

Please stop wasting your cash.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I always sound a right miserable git when I complain to anyome who will listen about Christmas presents.

I keep saying that me and my wife work F/T and someone trying to guess what we would want is a waste of their time and the space in my house for whatever they buy me.

If i need/Want anything I will buy it.

Please stop wasting your cash.

im exactly the same. nothing worse than recieving yet another shitty mug tp add to the large collection of shitty mugs that are already in the cupboard or even worse novelty socks! they are the most pointless purchase ever as they will never be worn.

presents are for children and i agree completely that adults exchanging gifts is just embarrassing.

eta@ICTChris your brother and sister in law should have been told to GTF

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

I'll take that one step further, George Lucas is the problem. He fucked the Indiana Jones franchise up too. As a kid I loved the earlier Star Wars but as an adult looking back he tried to tick all the boxes (aiming it at kids and adults) and he ended up bolloxing it. 

Lucas is indeed the issue. Did you see his original plans for Star Wars? Included was such bollocks as Han being a green alien.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_Rough_Draft

The shitey additions he made to the original trilogy for the 'Special Editions' should have been sent everyone in to a panic for what was to come. They were horrible and not only did they add nothing, they actually detracted from the films.

He was let loose on the prequels and we saw what utter crimes he committed on them.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Lucas is indeed the issue. Did you see his original plans for Star Wars? Included was such bollocks as Han being a green alien.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_Rough_Draft

The shitey additions he made to the original trilogy for the 'Special Additions' should have been sent everyone in to a panic for what was to come. They were horrible and not only did the add nothing, they actually detracted from the films.

He was let loose on the prequels and we saw what utter crimes he committed on them.

The Indiana Jones series could have been so much better too. Short Round was the Jar Jar in that franchise. He has a knack of taking a great plot.... and ruining it. I find the John Williams soundtracks a bit clumsy too, far too overt in guiding you to which emotion you should be feeling.

The Indiana Jones series could have been so much better too. Short Round was the Jar Jar in that franchise. He has a knack of taking a great plot.... and ruining it. I find the John Williams soundtracks a bit clumsy too, far too overt in guiding you to which emotion you should be feeling.

i cringe everytime i watch TOD sinply because of short round. lets be honest sean connery wasnt much better in TLC was he? much of what he said/did was cringe worthy

20 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i cringe everytime i watch TOD sinply because of short round. lets be honest sean connery wasnt much better in TLC was he? much of what he said/did was cringe worthy

There used to be a dog stay near us that was named Indiana, I have to thank The Last Crusade for that. Thought it was a good one. It was infinitely better than TOD and the fourth one. Apparently they're going to dig up Indy's corpse and go for 'Son of the return of the revenge of' Indiana Jones V.

There used to be a dog stay near us that was named Indiana, I have to thank The Last Crusade for that. Thought it was a good one. It was infinitely better than TOD and the fourth one. Apparently they're going to dig up Indy's corpse and go for 'Son of the return of the revenge of' Indiana Jones V.
the fourth was stinking. a 5th is a scary thought. why do Hollywood insist on kicking the arse out of film franchises. die hard springs to mind. 4.0 was terrible with justin long playing the pantomime clown

I like the soundtrack. But then I'm massively biased.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

Short Round is horrendous. I hope for him to be brutally murdered in every scene he's in. Don't think Connery was bad at all though. 

Aye I've heard that they're going to have an Indy 5. Got no. 4 was just...fucking life suckingly atrocious.

I won't have a bad word said about John Williams.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

The Last Crusade was a glorious film.

Until they announced 5, I always thought the ridiculous ending of 4 was a deliberate attempt to avoid the "when are you making another one" questions they had got constantly after TLC. Surely nobody would want another after that, despite how good the original trilogy (Short Round and Speilberg's  wife excepted) was.

Edited by Mark Connolly

Aye I've heard that they're going to have an Indy 5. Got no. 4 was just...fucking life suckingly atrocious.

They were setting up the wee guy from Transformers as Harrison Ford’s replacement. Seems likely there will be a 5.

I’m getting Deja Vu here.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

They were setting up the wee guy from Transformers as Harrison Ford’s replacement. Seems likely there will be a 5.

I’m getting Deja Vu here.

Lebeouf was horrendous in that film. Just awful.

However, if we get mental Lebeouf then it could be a deeply amusing film.

But we won't.

So it can f**k off.

Lebeouf was horrendous in that film. Just awful.
However, if we get mental Lebeouf then it could be a deeply amusing film.
But we won't.
So it can f**k off.

It seemed pretty obvious. Indy throws him his hat at the end of the film. Then he walks off arm and arm with his mum, on route to their hotel, where he will dig out the blue pills and concentrate on riding said mum, leaving Annoying Transformer Brat to become the new Indy.

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

And Short Round doesn't like to slap women like Connery.