Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Mince pies and Christmas Cake are both absolutely disgusting.

Christmas dinner (traditional one with turkey, potato and veg etc) is boring, stodgy nonsense and the most over-rated meal of the year.

In short, Christmas is a bad time for eating.

Totally agree, mince pies and xmas pudding are utterly bowfin.

Belle and Sebastian are fucking shite.

They are actually awful. You'd think 10 albums and 25 years of touring would make one half decent song.

Even their most famous songs have bare minimum entries on wikipedia. Even their fans dont have time for them. Shite band

6 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I thought people only went or the gym to tell FB they're at the gym?

You mean people actually go and workout?

aye or at my work theres seems to be a regular round robin of folk who:

Start of talking about joining the gym

then tell you they are going to the gym

tell you they've been to the gym

tell you that you should go the gym

try to get you to join their gym

this goes on for a few weeks, every fcking day..

it then goes quiet

so you ask "how the gym going?"

"aw can't be ars*d any more".."too dark at night", "work is too busy" etc etc

Exercise should be part of everyday living, not just reserved for the gym.
Amazes me how often I see people in their prime of life taking the lift up two or three flights of stairs instead of walking. Or people who get onto an escalator then stand still.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jan/03/why-exercise-alone-wont-save-us
Just remember that a lot of folk have hidden illnesses and might be taking the lift for any manner of reasons (which you'd never know unless you knew them well). I take your point that plenty of c***s are just lazy - but I'd fit into the category you've mentioned and at the moment one flight of stairs would have me pretty knackered.

But also...boff a tranny!!!! [emoji3166][emoji3166][emoji3166][emoji51][emoji51]

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Just remember that a lot of folk have hidden illnesses and might be taking the lift for any manner of reasons (which you'd never know unless you knew them well). I take your point that plenty of c***s are just lazy - but I'd fit into the category you've mentioned and at the moment one flight of stairs would have me pretty knackered.

But also...boff a tranny!!!! emoji3166.pngemoji3166.pngemoji3166.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png

Of course. I've had spells myself where the stairs are not an option.

But I see perfectly able-bodied people pulling this shit at work every day.

45 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
You would have maybe got away with this statement were it not for the fact we have seen footage of you attempting football.

Sadly they have taken the cameras away. Tennants stopped this :-(

65E3B4AF-FA2A-4BA8-849B-320737641F16.jpeg

I'll revise my earlier point and agree that if you are professional or amateur sportsperson then their performance can be enhanced through the right workouts. It can also be a useful activity for those of us who sit at a desk all day and need to spend some energy and do some exercise. Still that's a choice they made to work in an office.
Body building is for useless wankers.

The overwhelming majority of gym users aren’t sportspeople and are going there just to get the exercise that they need to be fairly healthy. I just don’t think you need a gym to get the basic exercise you require when you can easily go out for a run/cycle or do a 20 minute hiit workout off of YouTube which saves the time and effort of travelling to and from the gym as well as the expense of it. I frequented the gym a couple of times a week for about 2 years when I was a student and never did I once feel really good after a workout, when I play football I always feel great after it and am looking foreword to the next time I play which is what a healthy lifestyle should be about.

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

They are actually awful. You'd think 10 albums and 25 years of touring would make one half decent song.

Even their most famous songs have bare minimum entries on wikipedia. Even their fans dont have time for them. Shite band

First couple of albums were decent enough but they've went steadily downhill since then. And Stuart Murdoch usually comes across as a total twat.

Like absolutely everything, the gym simply acts as one part of a balanced healthy lifestyle.

It gives you access to varied, expensive and very large kit which is impractical to own/store at home.

For a lot of people its also quite social and gives you time out from the house.

My gym has a full size boxing ring in it which I clearly cant get on my own.

The gym isnt the be all and end all, with other exercises being available, but its fucking stupid to say its worthless. A good gym allows you to work on stuff that is otherwise totally impractical.

In my experience people far more frequently bore me to death about their political views or running habits than any vegan or gym goer. Seems to be a perception from a few roid heads that’s out pictures up.

Weight is much more fun and varied than cardio though. It also makes you look better and shifts fat quicker. That’s why people go.

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
You would have maybe got away with this statement were it not for the fact we have seen footage of you attempting football.

Sadly they have taken the cameras away. Tennants stopped this 😞

Just as well I saved the best bits...