Unpopular opinions.

On 22/12/2019 at 18:01, BillyAnchor said:

Bob Marley, while enjoyable to listen to, is not the best reggae artist of all time or even close.

I don't have a ton of reggae music in my collection. Toots & the Maytals, Peter Tosh, Barrington Levy, Culture and of course, the aforementioned Mr. M. but that's it. Who would you recommend I check out?

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I don't have a ton of reggae music in my collection. Toots & the Maytals, Peter Tosh, Barrington Levy, Culture and of course, the aforementioned Mr. M. but that's it. Who would you recommend I check out?

Shaggy 

31 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Off the top of my head, The Congos, Culture, Augustus Pablo, Prince Far-I and Alpha Blondy would be good to start.  Lee Scratch Perry too.

15 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Thanks guys. I have 1 Culture album (Two Sevens Clash) and I've heard of Shaggy but the others are new to me. I'll go exploring.

Check out the Soul Jazz record label, in particular the 100% Dynamite series of compilation albums.

https://soundsoftheuniverse.com/sjr/

i like reggae but I've always found Bob Marley to be kinda dull and boring. I'm not sure about elsewhere in Scotland but there was a time when Dundee scheme goblins were obsessed with Marley. Because of the dope connection no doubt. Somebody who worked in the Virgin Megastore once told me that Marley records were the most shoplifted item.