Unpopular opinions.

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is forgotten about fruit pudding, I'm in a bad mood now.

You'd be as well with a pineapple fritter on your breakfast.

Surely pineapple fritters for breakfast are a norm. Juicy fruit, batter, deep fried..... outstanding.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It'll come as no surprise I eat them as well. Earthy, contrast to the other items, particularly the sweetish beans and tomato.

That's the job of black pudding, not a slimy vegetable. 

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

My son has this obsessive-compulsive thing about food touching other food on the plate too. Thinking about it, his mother did when we first met as well. She said I was the first person she'd met who engaged in "food mixing", which is apparently making a meal and not giving a shit if the beans/potatoes/virgin's blood/peas touch the edges of anything else.

I realise the answer to this is usually "yes", but am I the weirdo here?

As much on the plate as you can David then shovel it in.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Unless it's someone else again. The point is I wrote the book when it comes to cooked breakfasts.

All I know is that Dr Cement should not be allowed near any debate about breakfast components, or anything to do with food really, the utter deviant that he is.

All I have to say on the cooked breakfast subject is, as always, the "full english" is a fucking myth and is done vastly better up here. Square sausage, tattie scone and haggis ensure that a Scottish breakfast is light years ahead of pishy English ones.
Absolutely Full Scottish is best, followed closely by Full Irish (white and black puddings&soda bread) Full English is for Carling drinking Yobs

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Back on topic. I’m not particularly one for a fry up, but on the odd occasion I will partake. Spent the last few days at a hotel in #perthshire (I should be in San Francisco, but that’s for another thread ((pttgoyn)), and the fried breakfast was a delight. Anyway, I’m of the (I assume) unpopular opinion that black pudding is a better breakfast staple than haggis.

I personally prefer haggis but like both. I find black pudding is just the more common item of the two where ‘a full Scottish’ is served though.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

All I have to say on the cooked breakfast subject is, as always, the "full english" is a fucking myth and is done vastly better up here. Square sausage, tattie scone and haggis ensure that a Scottish breakfast is light years ahead of pishy English ones.

The biggest flaw of the “full English” is the tendency for smoked bacon to be overlooked in favour of the plain pig. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Here's something on that topic that's actually worthy of the unpopular opinions thread. 
Bacon - given the choice I'd always choose the wee medallion things with the fat already trimmed off than full rashers. Is that a black mark against my name for life?
Yes.

Yes it is.

Just now, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Here's something on that topic that's actually worthy of the unpopular opinions thread. 

Bacon - given the choice I'd always choose the wee medallion things with the fat already trimmed off than full rashers. Is that a black mark against my name for life?

No they’re far better