Unpopular opinions.

13 hours ago, Raidernation said:

You absolute b*****ds!

Been trying to find decent bacon, black pudding, sausages (links or Lorne) here for 10 years now in order to at least make half a breakfast!

And don’t start me on haggis or tattie scones!

f**k off all of you, I was just about over it but you have to open old wounds and rub salt (and fat) into them.

It’s bad enough going into Aberdeen threads and hearing about rowies and now this torture..........

Do they not call it blood pudding over there? Any time I heard it mentioned, it was as an example of the barbaric nature of those damned dirty foreigners and the filth they're forced to eat in their third-world hovels. Anything to do with organs too - they look at you like you're a bin raker if you say you like a bit of kidney or heart.

On the plus side, the Americans have plenty of cracking breakfast options of their own that we just can't do properly over here. So long as it isn't breakfast cereal, as all of their stuff tastes like the cheapest supermarket own brand shite with extra handfuls of sugar and nasty-tasting shite. Lucky Charms is probably the best they produce, and that's an obscene blasphemy against taste, decency, and Mother Nature herself.

Also, have you ever managed to find a decent loaf of bread to make fried bread or toast with? I certainly didn't. f**k knows what they put in that stuff.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

On the plus side, the Americans have plenty of cracking breakfast options of their own that we just can't do properly over here. 

Been there twice, Noo Yoik and San Francisco, but although the breakfasts were perfectly edible they didn't blow me away. 

What is it that we can't do properly in Scotland? I can make a decent pancake, flip a fried egg before serving etc. Forget about the mess they describe as homefries.

And I've never had to chase myself down the street for not leaving a big enough tip. 

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

American breakfasts seem to consist of a huge stack of pancakes drowned in syrup, grits (what the f**k are grits?) or 'biscuits and gravy' (what the f**k are biscuits and gravy?).

Grits are minced dangleberries soaked in mule semen. You don't want to know what biscuits and gravy are.

7 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Been there twice, Noo Yoik and San Francisco, but although the breakfasts were perfectly edible they didn't blow me away. 

What is it that we can't do properly in Scotland? I can make a decent pancake, flip a fried egg before serving etc. Forget about the mess they describe as homefries.

And I've never had to chase myself down the street for not leaving a big enough tip. 

In America? You can have literally whatever you want. I've had an excellent seafood platter at 4am, followed by a tremendous strawberry pavlova-looking thing, just because I was awake and I could. No wonder half of the population makes me look svelte.

Square sausage and black pudding are great and all, but it's kinda difficult to remember to miss them when you could have a three-course meal for buttons, especially if you're too cheap to pay the serving staff.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Only fools and horses
Dad Army
Porridge
Fawlty towers

All gash, and if there are others of the era/genre I have missed, they are gash too.

All of them.

Please accept my concurrence.