Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Most actors would kill for a trio of movies like Con-Air, The Rock and Face/Off.

If Daniel Day Lewis had been the lead in Leaving Las Vegas, I assume he would have had to become a full-on alkie first? Proper dts, blackouts, the lot.

So that he could really "get into" the part so to speak. 

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:
6 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:
I was in restaurant once with a man who was tasting soup for the first time in his life. He was in his 40s.
Maybe start a totally common things you've never done thread. 
I'll go first:
Had sex with a man (time is running out, boys)
Watched Game of Thrones
Played golf
Been to Aberdeen.
Edit: I should add the last one is also the least likely to happen.

3 out of 4 for me

Well I'm on a roll today, baby.

What say we hook up for some golf lessons in the Granite City soon?

Not watching Game of Thrones after it though.

😆

Fear and Loathing would have been more fun for the method actor

If Daniel Day Lewis had been the lead in Leaving Las Vegas, I assume he would have had to become a full-on alkie first? Proper dts, blackouts, the lot.
So that he could really "get into" the part so to speak. 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Nicolas Cage is a great actor but he just say yes to everything. I think he lost all his money in the Madoff scam so just has to work where he can.

I believe this is correct. He churns out absolutely loads of pish every year, and not the tremendously entertaining pish he did at his peak.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
5 hours ago, NotThePars said:
I’ve more respect for actors like Nicholas Cage and William Fichtner who’ll take any gig going than folk like Daniel Day Lewis.

Nicholas Cage deserves respect alone for Con-Air which is a godamn masterpiece.

There's a thread on the TV/Film forum.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Most actors would kill for a trio of movies like Con-Air, The Rock and Face/Off.

See previous comment.

Nicolas Cage is a great actor but he just say yes to everything. I think he lost all his money in the Madoff scam so just has to work where he can.

More interesting to discuss them as an actor. I’d rather hear people’s takes on him or Adam Sandler than DDL.

Distinct absence of baseball in the shite sports discussion earlier. A quiet outdoor evening with friends, with occasional trips for beer and hotdogs. Every now and then some rude b*****d will interrupt your conversation by hitting a ball. Towards the end everyone gets up and sings a shite song which, for the uninitiated, comes across like the latter stages of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. After about four hours, you all go home, sometimes at 1am or later on a fucking week night. Nobody knows or cares about which team "won".

Also, Eurotrash was great. If anyone knows of a DVD box set or torrent of the complete show, please post a link. I detest adverts for perfume, but the ones for Jean Paul Gaultier always remind me of him being a dafty, so those I can deal with. Plus, he worked on The Fifth Element, which is superb.

Might not be an unpopular opinion on P&B but it seemingly is with the general public, but greetings cards have to be the biggest, most pointless wast of time, money and resources going.

They cost a lot (for what you actually get), they're usually twee shite that no one actually means and they're also bad for the environment. Get them to f**k.

17 hours ago, JTS98 said:

At some point you're going to break. The years of trying to straight-face this are going to get the better of you and you'll just launch a plate of mince and tatties right at the wall.

I hate mince n tatties so that's a good shout!  

Might not be an unpopular opinion on P&B but it seemingly is with the general public, but greetings cards have to be the biggest, most pointless wast of time, money and resources going.

They cost a lot (for what you actually get), they're usually twee shite that no one actually means and they're also bad for the environment. Get them to f**k.
Mrs B causes great rage in me with how long shel spend agonising over these folded pieces of card that are destined for the bin the very second its picked up and paid for

I'd go as far as to say anybody who has a food/drink dislike is attention seeking.

I think this is a first world problem. Many things you would chose not to eat or don’t particularly like the taste of, but the drama people go to over food they hate/dislike is crazy.

I don’t believe anyone has died from a food taste or texture.

3 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

I think this is a first world problem. Many things you would chose not to eat or don’t particularly like the taste of, but the drama people go to over food they hate/dislike is crazy.

I don’t believe anyone has died from a food taste or texture.

You might be onto something - I can honestly say I do not remember my wife ever saying she doesn't like something foodwise.  Of course, that may partly be due to the fact she only cooks stuff she likes but still.  Additionally, perhaps the fact that we're in a poorer country means the luxury of liking/not liking food is just that - a luxury.  

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Distinct absence of baseball in the shite sports discussion earlier

That's because it probably doesn't even register with most people. Like all American sport, it's shit. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Absolutely this. What winds me up more about them is the fact my other half's grandmother buys TWO for our bairns every birthday because - apparently - they have to have a card with their age on it and also a great-grandson/granddaughter one.

To be fair, that's just the tip of her idiocy iceberg.

6 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I see your point, and I find it hard to disagree.

I do send cards to my nieces if I'm not going to see them on their actual birthday, or if I haven't had the chance to drop their present off beforehand, mainly because I feel bad if they don't have something to open on the day. That will change once they are old enough to just be handed a tenner though.

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Absolutely this. What winds me up more about them is the fact my other half's grandmother buys TWO for our bairns every birthday because - apparently - they have to have a card with their age on it and also a great-grandson/granddaughter one.

To be fair, that's just the tip of her idiocy iceberg.

OK, I'll ask - why doesn't she buy one with both the age and great-grandson/grandaughter?