Unpopular opinions.

I don't see the point in spending a fortune going to gigs, live music,festivals etc when you can just stick the music on in the hoose.

Usually get the "well you go and watch fitba when you could watch it in the hoose" back, but I counter that with the unpredictability of sport as opposed to what you get at a gig.

Also quite routinely describe music I don't like as pish, although it tends to get folks backs up and draws a futile argument about "opinions"

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Also quite routinely describe music I don't like as pish, although it tends to get folks backs up and draws a futile argument about "opinions"

This annoys the f**k out of me. Yes. It's my opinion. That this band is pish.

Not sure why some folk think people should be giving disclaimers that they're giving their opinion.

Not sure why some folk think people should be giving disclaimers that they're giving their opinion.

Haha aye.

"Aye but that's your opinion" - Captain Obvious to the rescue.

"I'm entitled to my opinion" - suggesting that disagreement = disputing the right to an opinion

Mental chat.

33 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't really mind when people do this, but it's when they then get seething that someone says that someone they like is pish without an explanation and they then get raging, without a hint of irony.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

I don't see the point in spending a fortune going to gigs, live music,festivals etc when you can just stick the music on in the hoose.

Usually get the "well you go and watch fitba when you could watch it in the hoose" back, but I counter that with the unpredictability of sport as opposed to what you get at a gig.

It's because when you are saying a band is pish that you are stating it as a fact when it is impossible to assert your opinion as a factual statement on a subjective matter.

images (6).jpg

It's because when you are saying a band is pish that you are stating it as a fact when it is impossible to assert your opinion as a factual statement on a subjective matter.

images (6).jpg

So any time anyone describes anything as good/bad/ok/pish/amazing they should add the caveat that it's their opinion?

It's blindingly obvious that it's an opinion surely?

4 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

So any time anyone describes anything as good/bad/ok/pish/amazing they should add the caveat that it's their opinion?

It's blindingly obvious that it's an opinion surely?

Depends what it is you're describing. For instance, if you say "Dundee Utd are shite", then you are stating a fact that can't be disputed. 

I actually agree with this. I watched Red Hot Chili Peppers' set at T in the Park on Youtube the other week and enjoyed it but I can say without doubt that if I'd actually been there I would've hated every minute of it. Giant waste of money.

There were very few black people in the audiences watching the Olympics, despite over half the population of Brazil describing themselves as black. This was nothing to do with prejudicial socioeconomic forces at work and extortionate ticket prices, along with the criminal Irish hoarding of tickets, but simply due to black people preferring to participate in sports rather than sitting watching other people doing it.