Unpopular opinions.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think people assume Carnoustie is nice because it has a golf course. 

Its the same size as Montrose and has about 3 (dreadful) pubs and a Co-Op for entertainment. A truly grim and depressing place to spend any time. I worked there 3 years and it's full of people too thick to realise they live in purgatory.

Monifieth is shite too though.

A pal of mine from Dundee refers to Carnoustie as "Carnsnootie".  Clearly not a fan.

Jus read back a few pages.

Foo Fighters being better than Nirvana? Good fucking grief. There's controversial, and there's tone deaf.  Please Van Gogh yourself. Also Bleach is excellent, the best Nirvana album. They were much better when they went down the rougher, sludge metal inspired sound.

"Grunge" was a nonsense made up genre for early 90s rock/metal bands from the Seattle area, but the best of that lot was Alice in Chains by a country mile

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The grunge tank was always the best bit of Noel's House Party.

Joke on I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue the other day:

"Suffolk also boasts the fine town of Bury St Edmonds which is a popular place for tourists to visit. Although it's not as popular as the other town, Bury Noel Edmunds"

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Joke on I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue the other day:

"Suffolk also boasts the fine town of Bury St Edmonds which is a popular place for tourists to visit. Although it's not as popular as the other town, Bury Noel Edmunds"

Was there not a Half Man Half Biscuit track about Noel Edmund getting his life machine turned off? 

Eta: Visitor for Mr Edmunds? 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It is perfectly reasonable for Kuwait to ban the Barbie film in their country.

Surely this is only an unpopular opinion amongst Tory voting Gammons? It's their country, their beliefs etc etc, they can do what they like.