Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

• 2 weeks later...

Discussing Brazil at work, a contact from a supplier is Brazilian but living in Scotland and loving it.

Female colleague ' Well bits of Brazil are really poor, they all live in Falafels'

Me ' Do you mean Favela?'

FC 'No think it definitely Falafel'.

Best takeaway in Dumfries.
I hope you order Hot though.
Them Peri Peri fries :wub:

The burgers are incredible. Sadly I'm a pussy when it comes to spice so just go for half pounder burgers. Unreal how nice they are. I get the peri peri chips with it and they really are incredible. That's as spicy as I go though.

On the subject of Dumfries takeaways, I always thought the pizzas from Benvenuto were superb, usually went there on a Saturday night if I was visiting my grandmother. They'd occasionally have an Italian channel on (RAI maybe) showing Serie A highlights.

Anyway while waiting on my lunch yesterday the news on TV there was a story about first nations people protesting over a land dispute. A delightful older white woman (not a babe) remarked to her friend "If they don't like it they should go back to where they came from"

Benvenuto pizzas are indeed excellent. There are 4 proper pizza* shops in the town and they all close around 10pm annoyingly. Is this an Italian thing?

* Handmade thin dough there and then. Not pre-made base.

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

On the subject of Dumfries takeaways, I always thought the pizzas from Benvenuto were superb, usually went there on a Saturday night if I was visiting my grandmother. They'd occasionally have an Italian channel on (RAI maybe) showing Serie A highlights.

Anyway while waiting on my lunch yesterday the news on TV there was a story about first nations people protesting over a land dispute. A delightful older white woman (not a babe) remarked to her friend "If they don't like it they should go back to where they came from"

Owned by a dyslexic Provo...

• 2 weeks later...