Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

On a shopping trip to glasgow many moons ago we were at the traffic lights when they started beeping to indicate the green man, 2 american women absolutly shat it not knowing what this crazy alarm was. when we explained to them that all was well and it was a signal for blind people to cross the road they looked in sheer horrer and declared "OH MY GOD YOU SCOTTISH LET BLIND PEOPLE DRIVE CARS!!"

In this fantasy tale, if you had actually told them what you described, why would they be under the impression that we let them drive?

That one is an old one. The way I heard it, it was a couple of American tourists in a taxi in Princes St, Embra, who asked the driver what the beep beep sound was when they stopped at a crossing.

The next question they asked was why did they build the castle so far away from the shops.

My girlfriend likes watching the football. She's very knowledgable about players, teams, rivalries, knows the rules etc.

However, she can't grasp the competitions. For example, she couldn't understand how both Celtic and Man Utd could be "champions". She's starting to get the concept that every country has its own league, and more than one league at that. However now there is a new struggle, cup competitions;

"How can Munich and Chelsea both be European champions?", "how can Hibs be in a final when they are 9th", "so are Wigan the champions now? That's hardly fair to Man Utd" etc....

She also protested that its a "fucking disgrace" (she's got a way for words) that British teams should compete in Europe, as we're not in the Euro.

I like the sound of her, she's a keeper.

Me again, consistent contributer.

Was in her mothers house on Friday night past and when I walked through the hall and into livingroom a really fishy smell about knocked me out (there is another joke in here somewhere but will concenrate on the facts for now) I said to the mother in law that there was an bad smell of fish and did she have fish for dinner. No she replied we went out dinner tonight so not cooked anything. 10 minutes later the wives uncle walked into the house and said the exact same thing about the fishy smell.

The mother in law was on her guard by now and got up to see what the fuss was about opening cupboard doors in the hall and walking between rooms and said she was able to smell it as well and didnt know what it was.

After a few mintes looking for something to attribute the smell to she came away with a classic.

"maybe its something I have stood on"

"what you have stood on a fvckin fish" :lol:

still laughing about it writing this post lol

A fishy smell can be a sign of a loose electrical connection in a socket or worse at the distribution board. Its the smell you get from arching connections heating up the units. When ever someone says they smell something like that its the first thing to check. I'd check it out ASAP as it can cause a fire. Check the main distribution board any shower switch and sockets particularly if there's a heater plugged into one. If in doubt get an electrician to look at it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Pie & Bovril mobile app

A fishy smell can be a sign of a loose electrical connection in a socket or worse at the distribution board. Its the smell you get from arching connections heating up the units. When ever someone says they smell something like that its the first thing to check. I'd check it out ASAP as it can cause a fire. Check the main distribution board any shower switch and sockets particularly if there's a heater plugged into one. If in doubt get an electrician to look at it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Pie & Bovril mobile app

This^^

It can be pretty serious. A similar thing happened back when I was at school. There was a fire that closed off a whole area for a few weeks. I'd get it checked out.