E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I'm moving abroad soon and want to take my DVD collection with me. The discs take a bit too much space than id desire in my luggage.

Whats the best way to 'back them up' so i can take them with me?

Depending on what else you have, either ripping them onto an external HD - if you have something to play them back with. Or, ripping them onto a media player with storage.

How do you watch them now? On a laptop/PC or DVD player on the tv?

Depending on what else you have, either ripping them onto an external HD - if you have something to play them back with. Or, ripping them onto a media player with storage.

How do you watch them now? On a laptop/PC or DVD player on the tv?

Currently i play them through disc on my PS3 onto TV, ideally i'd like them on my external HD so i can stick episodes on a USB stick and playback through my PS3 onto TV.

Is it just as simple as sticking the disc in and ripping? It wouldnt be stopped by a copyright defence?

Currently i play them through disc on my PS3 onto TV, ideally i'd like them on my external HD so i can stick episodes on a USB stick and playback through my PS3 onto TV.

Is it just as simple as sticking the disc in and ripping? It wouldnt be stopped by a copyright defence?

As long as you own the disc I don't see copyright being breached.

I presume you're the person on twitter who was asking the Jambo-Rocker?

Yes, simple as that. As Forehead said, as long as you own the disc you'll be fine. The law changed a while ago, it used to be, technically, illegal to make copies like this

Id recommend CloneDVD in conjuction with AnyDVD, as probably the easiest to use

how the f**k do you mount an ISO

i have a program that can do it, but the ISO file i have downloaded is zipped and i havent a clue what i need to mount onto my blank DVD

is it all of the zipped file or what part, i havent a clue

Inside the zip file will be an .iso file

If its a normal zip file, windows 7 should be able to open it. Just drag the iso file into another folder and then mount it.

If its a rar file, or something similar, you'll need winrar or 7zip. Use one of them to extract the file to another folder, then you should be able to mount it

Inside the zip file will be an .iso file

If its a normal zip file, windows 7 should be able to open it. Just drag the iso file into another folder and then mount it.

If its a rar file, or something similar, you'll need winrar or 7zip. Use one of them to extract the file to another folder, then you should be able to mount it

ive extracted everything in the zipped file with winrar to a folder and i cannot find .iso file in it at all :(

could the whole zipped file be the iso, its the command and conquer freeware i have downloaded

ive extracted everything in the zipped file with winrar to a folder and i cannot find .iso file in it at all :(

could the whole zipped file be the iso, its the command and conquer freeware i have downloaded

Two things just occured

1) you sometimes get zip files inside a zip file

2) more likely, your file associations are wrong. Quite often, the zip archiver gets associated as the default program for iso files

If its 2), then you should be able to mount the file you've downloaded without doing anything to it

Two things just occured

1) you sometimes get zip files inside a zip file

2) more likely, your file associations are wrong. Quite often, the zip archiver gets associated as the default program for iso files

If its 2), then you should be able to mount the file you've downloaded without doing anything to it

got it mate, thanks for helping, managed to get it mounted, it seemed that it was the whole file that had to be mounted

Playing the original C&C is weird, but its a classic

got it mate, thanks for helping, managed to get it mounted, it seemed that it was the whole file that had to be mounted

Playing the original C&C is weird, but its a classic

That would be number 2 then. It was an iso file you'd downloaded but your file associations were making it look like a zip file

Oh, and C&C is shit. Just a rip off of Dune 2 8)

That would be number 2 then. It was an iso file you'd downloaded but your file associations were making it look like a zip file

Oh, and C&C is shit. Just a rip off of Dune 2 8)

lol, dune 2 was good, but i just enjoyed the whole C&C storyline better

Red Alert and Red Alert 2 are my favourites

Probably a very common question on this thread but I'm looking at buying my first smartphone and I'm wondering how much data I need. It would be used fairly often for Facebook, Twitter, here etc and also for uni stuff, info on the move etc. Thoughts?

500MB should be more than enough, I've only ever went over my limit once, when I didn't have any internet in my flat for a month.

Having a complete and utter shitemare with my phone.

I'm trying to delete all the texts off my HTC Legend as it's slowing the thing down. Everytime I try and delete threads, the GO SMS app crashes. Is their any way I can delete my texts in a oner?

About to gather up all my photos and was thinking of sticking them onto a photo sharing site for safe keeping. Was looking at photobucket pro. Any experience or anything better?

I use photobucket quite a lot, never tried the "pro" version though, I take it you get more storage space or something? I've never had any problems with my photobucket account in terms of space used...then again I do have two different accounts.

Dropbox is one i've just started using which is basically the same idea but stores pretty much anything. I got 25GB free with my HTC.

If Photobucket pro is something that interests you, you should defintitely check out Dropbox as well and compare prices with storage space.

Having a complete and utter shitemare with my phone.

I'm trying to delete all the texts off my HTC Legend as it's slowing the thing down. Everytime I try and delete threads, the GO SMS app crashes. Is their any way I can delete my texts in a oner?

Have you tried going into the app amanger and clearing all data associated with GO SMS?

Failing that the texts may be stored on the SD card itself and possibly corrupted, have you tried looking for the log files and deleting them manually?

edit: Try even going into the stock HTC 'messeges' app and deleting from there

Edited by Mik

Any reason why uTorrent downloads quickly on my laptop but slowly on my desktop?

Run an internet speed check on both. If the wireless aerial is better on your laptop than your desktop then it might cause the download speed to be higher on the laptop.

Not sure if the computer specs would affect that, probably would. Does your laptop have a higher RAM capacity and processor speeds?

Run an internet speed check on both. If the wireless aerial is better on your laptop than your desktop then it might cause the download speed to be higher on the laptop.

Not sure if the computer specs would affect that, probably would. Does your laptop have a higher RAM capacity and processor speeds?

Internet speed on both computers is fine, both for downloading and streaming. It's only uTorrent that downloads slowly.

It doesn't affect it, but my desktop is of higher spec than my laptop.

Internet speed on both computers is fine, both for downloading and streaming. It's only uTorrent that downloads slowly.

It doesn't affect it, but my desktop is of higher spec than my laptop.

Something in Firewall exceptions, ports etc etc ????