The Falkirk FC Thread

It's strange Swansea have gone from buying our young players after a couple of seasons of first team football and around 100 appearances, to buying development squad players based on their current technical ability/projected potential.

It's kind of annoying for those of us that were looking forward to seeing them develop some way with us in the first team

Apart from the transfer fee it means we're really not getting any benefit from them

I accept that it helps us attract young talent to the academy, but you have to wonder what the point of being a nursery club in this manner is

Edited by Senator Frimpton

So you're telling me that McGrandles in for Ryan Blair whilst making £200k in the process isn't a good deal? Nae bother :lol:.

Mcgrandles is only here till may and then hes back to norwich. We should be investing the money on signing players for the run in that are going to be around for the next couple of seasons. Mcgrandles was the best example for me though of how we should be working. Plays a decent number of first team games , constantly improving and then is sold for 500k plus. We get the benefit of him in the team and an excellent fee. With blair hes away to the first bid.

Mcgrandles is only here till may and then hes back to norwich. We should be investing the money on signing players for the run in that are going to be around for the next couple of seasons. Mcgrandles was the best example for me though of how we should be working. Plays a decent number of first team games , constantly improving and then is sold for 500k plus. We get the benefit of him in the team and an excellent fee. With blair hes away to the first bid.

Who says we aren't going to invest that money in the summer? Recruitment mid season is much more difficult. Bare in mind McGrandles played a lot more first team football at a younger age before his move. There was no guarantees Blair is/was going to play in our first team.

I am a bit non plused with this TBH.

Saw him 3 or 4 times and he was a tidy player nothing more.

Getting over 200k up front with a deal rising to 500k if he achieves for someone like this for me is good business.

Again how/if it is invested is the key.

Knowing one of the senior guys in the youth set up he thinks the next couple of years are pretty baron for players coming in from the Academy but it is excellent after that again.