The Falkirk FC Thread

Watson has been one of our best players in the last couple of games. He had been in and out of the team and seems to have finally settled in a little bit more.

Also, Tokarczyk in goals tonight for Montrose as they were humped 7-0 by Stirling Albion.

Just seen that 7-0 scoreline.......

I watched the Montrose v East Fife highlights earlier today, I dont think Tokarczyk painted himself in glory in the highlights and can see why he has been put out on loan, the Montrose equaliser is screamer tho.

In the little highlights I've seen of Mehmet, he looks more assured and perhaps could be better than Rogers

Watson has been one of our best players in the last couple of games. He had been in and out of the team and seems to have finally settled in a little bit more.

Also, Tokarczyk in goals tonight for Montrose as they were humped 7-0 by Stirling Albion.

In every game Watson has played this season he has played well. He has made a single bad mistake in almost every game which makes supporters judge him by that mistake rather than his overall good performances.

In every game Watson has played this season he has played well. He has made a single bad mistake in almost every game which makes supporters judge him by that mistake rather than his overall good performances.

Defenders tend to be judged on their mistakes though as they tend to be more costly.

He doesn't fill me with confidence.

doesn't have a clue. Hippo is twice the player of Sibbald or any of your other wide players

Sibbald isn't a wide player.

He's forced to play in that position because he's left footed and we don't have any one better. Possibly the very reason that Hippolyte was brought in is to allow us to move Sibbald central?

Sibbald isn't a wide player.

He's forced to play in that position because he's left footed and we don't have any one better. Possibly the very reason that Hippolyte was brought in is to allow us to move Sibbald central?

^^^This.

Hope McCann was brought in to move Muirhead to centre too.

Even more so now we have no Grant for a while

Edited by Gaz FFC

He's a central defender playing for Falkirk in the Championship. Teams won't get many chances a game and if he's tripping over the ball against Alloa or Dumbarton it could well cost us no matter how many simple headers he wins.

I actually quite like Watson and would give him a run of games next to McCracken, but your logic there isn't great.

Fortunately he's now cut out the mistakes and has hardly put a foot wrong recently. I agree though you can't have a defender making one howler a game no matter how he plays for the other 89 mins or so.

I notice the subject of plastic pitches has reared its head again in the papers today. Noticed a quote from Fraser Wishart saying that one of his members had recently had to leave his club because he had been told he couldn't play or train on artificial surfaces. Could that be our old right back? Still can't believe anyone would rather play on the shocking pitches we've seen on the telly at Hearts, Motherwell and Aberdeen recently than a decent plastic one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Think people need to go back and watch the Dundee highlights again. Watson totally lost his man for the 2nd goal and was about ten yards out of position for the third

I don't think anything can really be said about the 3rd goal. We only had 2 in defence and no one picked up Harkins who seemed to have an eternity to finish it off.

Re: Bowman. It is a shame that he broke his leg, however it's been clear to see that he's not going to cut it at our level for some while now. Couple that with his off field antics and the signing of Deniz, I don't think we'll be missing out on anything.

Houston managed to cut free a fair amount of players in January who couldn't cut it. Hopefully he gets the remainder at the end of the season, namely Bowman, Dick, Shepherd, McHugh and Small

I don't think anything can really be said about the 3rd goal. We only had 2 in defence and no one picked up Harkins who seemed to have an eternity to finish it off.

Re: Bowman. It is a shame that he broke his leg, however it's been clear to see that he's not going to cut it at our level for some while now. Couple that with his off field antics and the signing of Deniz, I don't think we'll be missing out on anything.

Houston managed to cut free a fair amount of players in January who couldn't cut it. Hopefully he gets the remainder at the end of the season, namely Bowman, Dick, Shepherd, McHugh and Small

McHugh has another year I believe.