The Falkirk FC Thread

Waddell doesn't excuse Rangers, he merely points out nothing would have happened if the Hibs fans hadn't provoked it. I thought it was a very balanced article.

It doesn't matter if they were "provoked" they still shouldn't have went onto the pitch. I don't see him writing articles when away fans are spat on/ punched/ have drinks thrown at them/ verbally abused at Ibrox which happens EVERY single time.so why is he writing about this?

If no Rangers fans had left the stands to attack the Hibs fans then there would've been no issues either. But let's ignore the facts and listen to the media and their biased cretinous writers.

The only issue would then have been the Hibs support.

By leaving their stands,they became equally as culpable. As it accelerated the seriousness, of the developing situation, exponentially.

I'm not generally a fan of Gordon Waddell. I don't generally buy the Record but on occasions when I have read him he's often talking nonsense. That piece though is absolutely bang on the mark and the best overview I've read of this sorry incident in the 8 days since it happened yet. I think I agree with every single word of it.

He puts the entire blame on Hibs. He is wrong. It's not the first time the cretin has ran his mouth off about Hibs.

Well no, he doesn't. He does however, absolutely correctly, point out that it was all started by Hibs and that if Hibs fans had behaved themselves like any normal club when winning a trophy absolutely nothing else would have happened. If the SFA have any balls they will either strip Hibs of their European place (unsure if they can actually do that) or bar them from defending the Cup next season (they can definitely do that).

It doesn't matter if they were "provoked" they still shouldn't have went onto the pitch. I don't see him writing articles when away fans are spat on/ punched/ have drinks thrown at them/ verbally abused at Ibrox which happens EVERY single time.so why is he writing about this?

Because much as you'd like it all to go away quietly and pretend it didn't happen, it's the single biggest news story in Scottish football since Rangers went bust. He's a sports journalist, it's his bloody job to write about it.

I'm not generally a fan of Gordon Waddell. I don't generally buy the Record but on occasions when I have read him he's often talking nonsense. That piece though is absolutely bang on the mark and the best overview I've read of this sorry incident in the 8 days since it happened yet. I think I agree with every single word of it.

Well no, he doesn't. He does however, absolutely correctly, point out that it was all started by Hibs and that if Hibs fans had behaved themselves like any normal club when winning a trophy absolutely nothing else would have happened. If the SFA have any balls they will either strip Hibs of their European place (unsure if they can actually do that) or bar them from defending the Cup next season (they can definitely do that).

It was a small minority of Hibs fans that went over. The MAJORITY of Hibs fans stayed in the stands whilst a few CELEBRATED in the HIBS half of the pitch (see how I'm writing in capitals so you can understand?) so why should Hibs as a club be punished and the majority of our fans be punished by not getting European football or to play In the cup next season? You, just like that cretin, seem to have a chip on your shoulder. The fact remains that if Rangers fans hadn't entered the field then their wouldn't have been 8 days of agenda driven shite being written about it like that p***k Waddell has.

Do you think that English clubs like Millwall shouldn't be allowed to enter the championship next season if they go up because they invaded the pitch? Utter nonsense.

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

Because much as you'd like it all to go away quietly and pretend it didn't happen, it's the single biggest news story in Scottish football since Rangers went bust. He's a sports journalist, it's his bloody job to write about it.

Is it f**k the biggest story :lol: :lol: away you go.

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

Why cant you accept that Hibs fans should not have gone on the pitch? Its totally indefensible.

And of course its biggest story f**k me.

Pitch invasions happen all the time. I don't see people rushing to want those clubs chucked out of competitions. And if you really think that a pitch invasion and a few scuffles is the biggest story in Scottish football in the last four years then you've obviously not been watching very closely.

There were 21'000 Hibs fans. Are you telling me there were more than 10500 Hibs fans on the pitch?

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

It was a small minority of Hibs fans that went over. The MAJORITY of Hibs fans stayed in the stands whilst a few CELEBRATED in the HIBS half of the pitch (see how I'm writing in capitals so you can understand?) so why should Hibs as a club be punished and the majority of our fans be punished by not getting European football or to play In the cup next season? You, just like that cretin, seem to have a chip on your shoulder. The fact remains that if Rangers fans hadn't entered the field then their wouldn't have been 8 days of agenda driven shite being written about it like that p***k Waddell has.

I'm not sure if English is your first language but it was nothing like a "small minority". It may just about borderline have been less than stayed in the stands. It was certainly thousands. Lets not ruin whatever shred of credibility you have left by pretending it was a few regulars from one of the bars in Leith and their dog.

"CELEBRATING", or indeed celebrating because there's really no need for capitals, on the pitch at all is out of order and should lead to club punishment. The degree of that punishment is up to someone else but given the numbers who were on there I think a competition ban is perfectly reasonable and appropriate. Perhaps next time the supposed majority will be a bit less tolerant to those who do go on and won't be making pathetic deflections and excuses for it. A bit like you actually.

Rangers fans, in a much smaller minority than Hibs fans, were out of order. They deserve punishment too. The fact remains though that if Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch, you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think several thousand Hibs fans invading the pitch wouldn't have remained newsworthy and the subject of an investigation 8 days, and indeed weeks later no doubt.

Your wriggling about like a fish on a hook here trying to laughably blame Rangers fans in the main part is like a murder accused trying to claim if the victim hadn't landed on his knife they wouldn't have died!

I'm not sure if English is your first language but it was nothing like a "small minority". It may just about borderline have been less than stayed in the stands. It was certainly thousands. Lets not ruin whatever shred of credibility you have left by pretending it was a few regulars from one of the bars in Leith and their dog.

"CELEBRATING", or indeed celebrating because there's really no need for capitals, on the pitch at all is out of order and should lead to club punishment. The degree of that punishment is up to someone else but given the numbers who were on there I think a competition ban is perfectly reasonable and appropriate. Perhaps next time the supposed majority will be a bit less tolerant to those who do go on and won't be making pathetic deflections and excuses for it. A bit like you actually.

Rangers fans, in a much smaller minority than Hibs fans, were out of order. They deserve punishment too. The fact remains though that if Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch, you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think several thousand Hibs fans invading the pitch wouldn't have remained newsworthy and the subject of an investigation 8 days, and indeed weeks later no doubt.

Your wriggling about like a fish on a hook here trying to laughably blame Rangers fans in the main part is like a murder accused trying to claim if the victim hadn't landed on his knife they wouldn't have died!

You're trying to suggest there were around 10'000 Hibs fans on the pitch. There wasn't. There was a couple thousand at most. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder with regards to Hibs. But what more to be expected from a diddy who will never experience what we did on Saturday. There's nothing wrong with the majority of Hibs fans who were On the park celebrating. They caused no harm apart from the minority who went over to the Rangers fans. To suggest we get thrown out a cup because of the actions of a few is embarrassing from you tbh but no less than can be expected. If a pitch invasion was a main story for 8 days then that would just prove how gutter the press are here.

You said "small minority". It may technically have been a minority but the small minority to me implies an inconsequantial number spoiling something for the rest. This wasnt that.

Like I said before, id have been on the pitch, but to expect anyone to officially say "thats ok cos everyone else does it" is naive. Like I keep saying, its against the law and there is literally no defense for doing it. As I also said, id have been on the pitch too. But you simply cannot condone it.

And I dont think Hibs as a club should be put out the cup or Europe. They should be fined as per any other fan disorder proportionatrly to the seriousness of the event and fans who were fighting/put their hands on a player should be dealt with by the police. Thats all.

It was a minority who went over to the Rangers supporters and goaded them. I assume people aren't trying to claim that the Hibs fans who were celebrating in their own half are to blame for Rangers fans not being able to control themselves?

Apart from attacking Rangers players, breaking the goal posts and digging up the turf, that is

I've yet to see any proof of these "attacks"

Probably because there was no attacks. Two Rangers players were pushed. Continue to make excuses for Rangers fans attacking Hibs fans though.

Breaking the bar and ripping up the turf :lol:

Yes that's definitely a reason to chuck a club out of Europe and the cup next season.

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

I've yet to see any proof of these "attacks"

Probably because there was no attacks. Two Rangers players were pushed. Continue to make excuses for Rangers fans attacking Hibs fans though.

I've been slagging off and condemning Rangers all week for what they did and the reaction of the Rangers board. Your worse than that Rangers statement, totally blind to the faults on your own side.