The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed. I think its a pretty obvious rule that should have been there all along. Monkey Tennis disagrees though.

I don't disagree with a rule existing to achieve consistency.

I just think it should go the other way and require the lending club to relinquish that kind of say over whether the player can be fielded.

I don't disagree with a rule existing to achieve consistency.I just think it should go the other way and require the lending club to relinquish that kind of say over whether the player can be fielded.

Agree with this.

A player deemed not good enough to play for you is then banned to play against you. Harsh on the lad & the club good enough to play him to get match time.

It's not really harsh on the player, it helps the player by not putting him in an awkward situation. Especially a young player who has enough to deal with.

It once more favours the bigger clubs with the bigger squads.

Not only do they have more players to pick from, but they can also use some to strengthen other sides against everyone but themselves.

Would really like to see how Deniz Dogan Mehmet does during the preseason games and perhaps the League Cup. We have him on the books claiming a wage yet we don't seem to want to play him in first team matches. He is either good enough to play for our first team or isn't so we can ditch him and get someone who is. We have young McMinn to bring through and sit on the bench/ play development so we need to see what Deniz has to offer

Edited by Bigbri Bairn2

I don't disagree with a rule existing to achieve consistency.I just think it should go the other way and require the lending club to relinquish that kind of say over whether the player can be fielded.

Just stop same league loans. In cups stop players play against parent club. Problem solved

It's not really harsh on the player, it helps the player by not putting him in an awkward situation. Especially a young player who has enough to deal with.

Whereas we can sign a player on pre contract and he can play against you in crucial games for half the season. A lot of loans usually are oot you go, you are no longer wanted.

Personally think it should be up to the club doing the loan, like it was previously

Totally agree. Same division loans are a joke really.

Why?

We piss and moan about the development of our young players, the state of the national side etc. How would blocking same division loans aid that?

Look at your own lad O'Hara. He would benefit massively from a stint at a lower end Championship club. It's probably of zero benefit to him dropping down a league so if he isn't in your first team he's left rotting on the bench, that benefits no one.

The development of our young players should come first IMO.

Its his choice what he does but we cant wait all day on him giving us an answer. I'd rather have someone who would jump at the chance of joining than someone doing it reluctantly because there's little other option at the end of the day.  Lets face it he had a good season with us last year and at the end of this season he'll be back at Aberdeen again whatever happens so it should be an easy yes or no from his point of view. Of course Aberdeen themselves may have a different view of things.

As for loans to me when you've got virtually every team in the league having either a hibs player or a rangers player on their books at one point or another then there's something not right. If your going to allow same division loans then they should be limited per parent club in the one division and the player should have to play against every team including their parent club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

. Of course Aberdeen themselves may have a different view of things.

If it's any consolation, Aberdeen took a month to decide whether to loan us Shankland or not. Shankland was desperate to come, but wasn't given permission for what seemed an age.

Maybe this is what's happening with Rogers.