The Falkirk FC Thread

you might want to check that. According to Houston we didn't play Simmamon against Rangers as he didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. He stated the loan agreement allowed him to face his parent club.

From the latest rules published in January of this year

67. During the term of a temporary transfer the Player concerned shall not Play against

the transferor Club in a: (i) League Match; (ii) Play-Off Match; (iii) League Cup

Match; (iv) match in the Challenge Cup; or (v) match in the Scottish Cup.

Presumably those are the rules from the start of the season? Seems strange to publish them in January. Seems even stranger to change rules through the season.

I think Houston made his comments in 2015 regarding the game in December.

The rule was there in the original set of rules from 2013 as well. The January date is just what is written at the top of the document.

This. Houston was either talking out his arse or has no idea what the rules are.

Are we going to hear if Rogers has made his mind up before the team fly to ireland?

I'd think that depends on what he said. Clubs don't usually make statements on failed attempts to bring in players, so if he knocked us back there won't be any official comment. It will probably come out the first time a news or TV reporter asks McInnes or Houston what happened. 

If he agrees, then I'd expect it to be announced once all the paperwork is signed and sealed.

The rule was there in the original set of rules from 2013 as well. The January date is just what is written at the top of the document.

It wasnt in the original 2013 rules to be fair. It was added before the start of last season to take the doubt out of it after a few issues including the one where Callum Booth did play for Raith against Hibs while on loan from them and helped knock them out.

It was definitely there all last season though so if Houston said that he was mistaken.

It wasnt in the original 2013 rules to be fair. It was added before the start of last season to take the doubt out of it after a few issues including the one where Callum Booth did play for Raith against Hibs while on loan from them and helped knock them out.

It was definitely there all last season though so if Houston said that he was mistaken.

It was there in 2013 but only stated league games.