The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm out the UK at the moment so I'm assuming these Houston comments are from the TV coverage! ? Can someone flesh them out a little ... this no more signings statement is deffo straight from the Ginger God's mouth I take it?

The wages thing makes sense though - I'd be raging if Rankin was on more than our departing Captain.

Sea change amongst the support I feel.

Here's a rip of the interview on Sportsound

Doesn't sound encouraging at all

Is it a coincidence that we ALWAYS sell the best players after the season ticket sale? Course not. The Vaulks 'punt' would have been plotted from the moment we offered Rankin 'training facilities'. Of the signings made, however, Craigen's nowhere near an Alston and Rankin's nowhere near a Vaulks. Given the goals both scored last season, that already is a huge minus.  (As two blanks out of three would suggest) On the plus side, Gasparotto looked more than decent today and actually looks like he's improving game by game. 

Lets leave the doom mongering alone FFS. Same negativity before last season.

St Johnstone are well better than anything we will play this season, and we will never play Baird up top on his own again.

Sadly he will.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lets leave the doom mongering alone FFS. Same negativity before last season.

I was reasonably positive this time last season - I wasn't predicting promotion or a cup win but I could see we had the makings of a decent side and thought we'd at least make a fist of what was bound to be a tough season.

The early signings this term were positive, the defence looked have been bolstred and the options up front improved - Vaulks going is like having the rug pulled from under us though - we may well go on to have a good season, and of course i hope we do, but I think most of us had got to the stage where we thought the board might just push the boat out a little ... and they haven't - I've posted before that the board take us for mugs but even I'm a little surprised that they've proved it again this season.

'Mon the Bairns.

Rankin, Gasparotto and Austin the only ones I would give pass marks today. We lacked any sort of width today, so we need to invest in a right sided winger.

Can Muirhead also stop fucking bootin the ball away every time he gets it

What about sibbald? Best player on the park for us imo