The Falkirk FC Thread

Boy at Elliot's was saying that he's heard a few rumours about David Templeton. Anything to that? Has he not been training with some other team?

Can't see it happening, boys got weetabix for legs and wouldn't like our 4G. Would take him but, good player, could've been class if he'd stayed at hearts

On 10/08/2016 at 09:43, Gollum said:

Can we all agree that two pacy wingers (see what Magennis did to us) would virtually guarantee us second, perhaps more? Not that it's realistic or anything, but it would push one or two of our current starters out and make it a really strong squad.

Rogers (Mehmet)

Muirhead (Kidd) Grant (McCracken) Gasparotto (Watson) Leahy

Kerr (Taiwo/Rankin)

Pacy Winger (Craigen)                 Pacy Winger (Hippolyte)

Sibbald (Craigen)

McHugh (Baird)    Miller (Austin)

ETA: A 4-5-1, playing another holding midfielder instead of a striker, would make us far more solid, would cause trouble with the amount of strikers we have though.

These unspecified wingers aside isn't that virtually the same players who were absolutelgly gubbed by Killie in the play off final, but in a formation which offers virtually no protection to the defence?  Is your predicted 2nd behind United or Hibs? I wouldn't fancy that team against us certainly. Maybe Hibs will collapse but I'd have my doubts.

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

These unspecified wingers aside isn't that virtually the same players who were absolutelgly gubbed by Killie in the play off final, but in a formation which offers virtually no protection to the defence?  Is your predicted 2nd behind United or Hibs? I wouldn't fancy that team against us certainly. Maybe Hibs will collapse but I'd have my doubts.

Yeah too many people with their Football Manager formations - that line up would get annihilated through the middle of midfield.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope you're ITK here... Could do with some feelgood around these parts. I predict we will be singing a different tune with a revitalised performance against Morton

Hope our young team turn up at Greenock Central and give the Morton boys a rendition of the Highland fling

Our Board don't care if we are challenging

Yes, pretty much my sentiments too, if we ever do get to the higher league, it will either be by default or on the cheap somehow.

That money is staying in the bank but don't expect it for players, the most important part of a football team. Forget all stadium talk, community talk etc. The talking is done on the park and then everything falls into place.

Just my opinion

nothing is lost or won after one league game.....ok the league cup is, but that will be won by a spfl team.....

We havent won an league opener since Gretna, I dunno, a league opener kinda puts me in a downer but I know its a marathon not a sprint....

We have a manager in charge who will drop any player that isnt pulling his weight,  the moans at Baird who has started 3 outta 5 and subbed in the 3 starts points he isnt playing folk out of kindness. I look back at the Elvis era and remember players would be safe week in week out and playing the same defensive tripe each week.

The fear is there I suppose that Baird continued his end of season form from the year he signed into last season, we do have Baird continuing his poor form into this one, tho McHugh hasnt continued his good form from last into this season either, tho Baird is the culprit. 

We will get there and we have a manager in charge who isnt afraid to kick arses or change no matter who the player is, one thing for sure is that he is on a hiding to nothing as he wont get near last seasons performance which in most seasons wouldve won the league, but support is the best way forward not blame