The Falkirk FC Thread

Serious question, does anyone think we'll ever have the balls to hold out for money like Hamilton did with their starlets?

We got shafted with add ons for Arfield when his contract ran down and wasn't extended at Huddersfield. It's a great model but out of the 6 or so players to move on south, we've had very little add ons actually come through. 

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Reports say Falkirk are looking for 750k for gallacher. Which means that's their opening negotiation point. Probably accept 500k. I really hope if he does go we contract in a decent sized sell on clause. Real money there. 20pc on a future 10m not unrealistic if he ends up moving on would mean another 2m and funding a promotion charge (in 3 years when we are still languishing in the championship)

£10m :lol:

The way money is getting flung about down south you never know what a half decent player will be worth in a few years. Andy robertsons supposedly worth 12 mil and yet every time i watch motd hes murder.Their even talking about 6mill for barrie mackay which is utterly ludicrous. I'd prefer to see us holding out for as much as possible up front. With leahy on the way out if Gallagher goes then we'll be looking for two left backs this summer.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Why not scott arfield is an established premiership player as is Kingsley at Swansea etc. Three years is a long time if he already has Barcelona man united Liverpool and cultic keen

Yes, and neither of them are worth anything like 10m. Stop embarrassing yourself. 

Serious question, does anyone think we'll ever have the balls to hold out for money like Hamilton did with their starlets?
We got shafted with add ons for Arfield when his contract ran down and wasn't extended at Huddersfield. It's a great model but out of the 6 or so players to move on south, we've had very little add ons actually come through. 

No

If we sell him this window I'll honestly be gutted. Leahy will run his contract out and we will be left with some Hearts reserve afterwards. Honestly, what's the point? For 500k? Money we will never see reinvested.

BUT THE FOURTH STAND, THE STADIA WILL BE COMPLETE FUCKING YASSSSS

Will that ever get built in the foreseeable future

If our chairman has anything to do with it yes. Hopefully not however. As it's a complete mental idea to spend that much on a stand which would be completely empty unless we were promoted. It would be used 4 times a season with the ugly sisters in town. f**k that

If our chairman has anything to do with it yes. Hopefully not however. As it's a complete mental idea to spend that much on a stand which would be completely empty unless we were promoted. It would be used 4 times a season with the ugly sisters in town. f**k that

They won't be spending a huge amount of the stand. A developer will foot the vast majority of the bill IF it ever happens

BUT THE FOURTH STAND, THE STADIA WILL BE COMPLETE FUCKING YASSSSS

A shower of charlatans honestly.

I'd be surprised if they are any plans for a fourth stand, the same as there are no real ambitions to get into the premier league

How long can this club pull the wool over the supporters eyes?

A shower of charlatans honestly.
I'd be surprised if they are any plans for a fourth stand, the same as there are no real ambitions to get into the premier league
How long can this club pull the wool over the supporters eyes?

For as long as supporters let them

Why not scott arfield is an established premiership player as is Kingsley at Swansea etc. Three years is a long time if he already has Barcelona man united Liverpool and cultic keen

Jesus, did you say that?