The Falkirk FC Thread

Mark Stewart's winner against hearts to beat them 4-3 was bedlam in the South stand.

The last minute winner scored at the south stand end after being 2-0 down to rangers at home after ten minutes last season. I'm normally in the main stand but was in the south stand for that games. Scenes. The fact it was on TV made it all the better. Also the games versus hibs last season and leahys piledriver

All of us of a certain vintage have great memories of Brockville, but times change and I think that TFS is slowly begining to feel like a proper home for our club.

The previous posts have mentioned some storming games where the atmosphere was as good as you could hope for particularly in the South Stand.

I must admit the reason I sit in the South Stand rather than have a better view in the Main Stand is I that really love the fact that you have the current "Young Team" giving it laldy whilst surrounded by several generations of previous choirs / daft laddies trying to forget the onrush of galloping middle age (or worse) for a couple of hours.

A bit soppy I know but its what the football is about for guys like me.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The last minute winner scored at the south stand end after being 2-0 down to rangers at home after ten minutes last season. I'm normally in the main stand but was in the south stand for that games. Scenes. The fact it was on TV made it all the better. Also the games versus hibs last season and leahys piledriver

Aye you're not wrong there, however I was more trying to highlight a time before the QOTS playoff game where the stadium has went mental.

South Stand Scenery Summary:

Falkirk 4 (Mark Stewart) Hearts 3 - 21.09.2010

Falkirk 3 (Mark Millar) Rangers 2 - 21.09.2011

Falkirk 1 (David Weatherston) Dunfermline 0 - 17.02.2013

Falkirk 3 (Blair Alston) Queen of the South 1 - 10.05.2014

Falkirk 3 (Bob McHugh) Sevco 2 - 18.03.2016

Falkirk 3 (Bob McHugh) Hibs 2 - 13.05.2016

Falkirk 1 (Will Vaulks) Kilmarnock 0 - 19.05.2016

Scene-tastic stuff.

On the day of the QOS game my wife was sitting beside me in the South stand, on the phone to her sister, saying we would be late for dinner as it was going to ET.

When Blair slotted that wee beauty in the corner her sister was panicking as she thought a bomb had gone off, such was the noise.*

*to be fair, she's not really a football person.

I mind we were linked with Dean Brett a wee while back. Thank feck that never came to fruition. The guys obviously thick as shit.

The guys gone through a hard time, give him a break. What he did was wrong, but it's very understandable considering his partner and young daughter had just passed

21 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

The guys gone through a hard time, give him a break. What he did was wrong, but it's very understandable considering his partner and young daughter had just passed

I really dont see the link in that and betting on your own team to lose considering he was thick enough to be doing it long before those horrible events? 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:34, Senor Bairn said:

I was right behind the goal due to getting into the ground about 2 minutes after kick off for the hibs second leg. Shit seats but absolutely perfect view for the leahy goal.

The mchugh winner in that game was immense as well. Limbs all over the place.

I watched the game in Costa Adeje,let's just say I got some weird looks as I was watching the game in the lobby of the hotel.

All of us of a certain vintage have great memories of Brockville, but times change and I think that TFS is slowly begining to feel like a proper home for our club.
The previous posts have mentioned some storming games where the atmosphere was as good as you could hope for particularly in the South Stand.
I must admit the reason I sit in the South Stand rather than have a better view in the Main Stand is I that really love the fact that you have the current "Young Team" giving it laldy whilst surrounded by several generations of previous choirs / daft laddies trying to forget the onrush of galloping middle age (or worse) for a couple of hours.
A bit soppy I know but its what the football is about for guys like me.

I remember standing on the Hope Street terrace with you in the pissing rain and we were the only ones left on the terrace when we were 4-0 down to Meadowbank.

I so miss Brockville [emoji23]

For me the Hibs play off win finally buried Brockville for me. I finally had an experience in the ground that I will remember all my days.

RIP Old Lady

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember standing on the Hope Street terrace with you in the pissing rain and we were the only ones left on the terrace when we were 4-0 down to Meadowbank.

I so miss Brockville emoji23.png

For me the Hibs play off win finally buried Brockville for me. I finally had an experience in the ground that I will remember all my days.

RIP Old Lady

Naw ye wurny!!

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I so miss Brockville emoji23.png

RIP Old Lady

You'll have me in tears!

Standing in the pissing rain watching a dismal game is as valid a Brockville memory as the many happy times.

A lot of the guys mouthing off when things go wrong really have no idea what we used to watch in all weathers and at every glorified Junior ground in the country from Stranraer to Montrose.

Wouldn't change any of it though.