The Falkirk FC Thread

Would imagine that Loy will be the highest paid player in the league outside of Dundee United. He's proven quality, will sell tickets and fills a gaping hole in our team so it looks like value for money as far as I'm concerned.

Would love to see us try to bring in Dylan Bikey or Andy Ryan as well and play three up front. Partying like it's 2003.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Would imagine that Loy will be the highest paid player in the league outside of Dundee United. He's proven quality, will sell tickets and fills a gaping hole in our team so it looks like value for money as far as I'm concerned.

Would love to see us try to bring in Dylan Bikey or Andy Ryan as well and play three up front. Partying like it's 2003.

That's what Morton are going for. 3 out of Thomson, McHugh, Oliver and Quitongo up top with Bikey currently on trial.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Would imagine that Loy will be the highest paid player in the league outside of Dundee United. He's proven quality, will sell tickets 

That really is a sobering thought. Rory fucking Loy is a box office star. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

That really is a sobering thought. Rory fucking Loy is a box office star. 

Tbf that tag only applies at Falkirk, who have a particularly gullible and gormless fanbase. 

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd say Draper or Doran would be up there as the highest outside United.  Doran is on a fair whack by all accounts.  And of course, he's permanently injured.

Did you have the pleasure of seeing Loy when he was in the Championship with us or were you kicking about the seaside leagues at that point? [emoji14]

Loy was in the side that helped relegate Morton to their usual position in the Diddy leagues yes. Season 13/14 I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Surprised to see draper still with you lot. Is he staying for good?

Unless someone stumps up for him then he will be.  He's here until 2019 so I'm pretty hopeful.  County are trying to get him but offering peanuts.  I reckon the board will hold out for more from them just because they're a rival.  And the fact they can afford it.  

The board have him factored into the wage budget so there's no reason to sell him unless MacGregor throws stupid money at us.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Loy was in the side that helped relegate Morton to their usual position in the Diddy leagues yes. Season 13/14 I'm sure.

Hate to break it to you, but Falkirk earned zero credit for that omnishambles of a side being relegated off its own back by October. So your factoid is absolutely meaningless then. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

1498942233330.jpg.2114f06a6bd6b9bb26606ba988f5b8ab.jpg

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

Your club sent out a panic statement just a few weeks ago about how much you need big ST sales to fund signings. On top of the farcical Budapest trip and the drastically reduced commercial spending, I'd be rather concerned if I was a Falkirk fan at the moment.

No i think the statement asked fans to buy there tickets as soon as feasible so that it made it easier for us to set our budget for this year. We did and hit our target for early bird and we therefore have seen us now make a very good signing in Loy because of that. Im sure if we were struggling that badly we may have to ask our fans to pump in even more cash every month in direct debits but fortunately we haven't reached that low yet.

Raith didn't bring through 3000 fans and you've got similar season ticket sales to us. How odd.

Scrambling to be one of the big boys (in a small pond) with this shite.

At a quick glance you had just under 5000 at one game v Raith and over 5600 at the next so you will be impacted by RR not being in the league at both the home & away turnstiles. Your crowds for the non big games were 2500 so good luck with that.

47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

That's what Morton are going for. 3 out of Thomson, McHugh, Oliver and Quitongo up top with Bikey currently on trial.

What's the story with bikey. I thought anyone wanting to sign him on pro terms had to cough up cash to his previous club. Was that not why he was on amateur terms at hearts and Stirling?

4 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I feel another signing is imminent. My voices are playing up today

Should non-Falkirk fans get the popcorn out in anticipation of a series of heads gones? Or is it another Loy-esque, quality signing?

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

What's the story with bikey. I thought anyone wanting to sign him on pro terms had to cough up cash to his previous club. Was that not why he was on amateur terms at hearts and Stirling?

That's all we know as well. Hard to see anyone taking him on, the compensation alone would pay a good player's wage for a year at this level. 

Hate to break it to you, but Falkirk earned zero credit for that omnishambles of a side being relegated off its own back by October. So your factoid is absolutely meaningless then. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 
1498942233330.jpg.2114f06a6bd6b9bb26606ba988f5b8ab.jpg

No you're right the 10 points we took off you that season had no relevance....