The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it's probably harsh to say that Farid only played well with us too. He was doing well and scoring with Brentford despite coming off the bench a lot. 

Remember his career almost ended completely with that injury at Brentford plus I feel that it was very important that he played in a formation that suited him best, i.e good crosses into the box. I hadn't before and haven't since seen anyone play for Falkirk that could attack a cross like he could!

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's probably harsh to say that Farid only played well with us too. He was doing well and scoring with Brentford despite coming off the bench a lot. 

Remember his career almost ended completely with that injury at Brentford plus I feel that it was very important that he played in a formation that suited him best, i.e good crosses into the box. I hadn't before and haven't since seen anyone play for Falkirk that could attack a cross like he could!

Not even Gerhard Fellner?:)

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd say he's been pretty average since he left but I wouldnt stick him in the same bracket as Farid who has hardly played in double figures games a season since he left. A better example of a player than Duffy who only ever played decent  for us would be Mark Millar  I'd say

All in the same boat for me and can add Lyle Taylor and Darren Barr(altho I never rated Barr bar one season.

Ourselves and Hull wore masks getting the money we did for Duffy

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

All in the same boat for me and can add Lyle Taylor and Darren Barr(altho I never rated Barr bar one season.

Ourselves and Hull wore masks getting the money we did for Duffy

Taylor's done okay with Wimbledon the last couple of seasons. It's always going to be a big step up moving down south after playing in the Scottish championship.

Stats and number of clubs in a short space suggest otherwise and at the age of 30 he chases the £ in India after scoring 3 goals in 30 in his last season in England.
Swansea signed him after a loan spell seen him hit 5 in 8, following season seen him hit 2 in 31, stats like that dont scream out decent in anyone's vocab surely
He surprised me in his half season in the SPL as I thought the championship was his level, perhaps Latapy rolling him in was his level but strikers are 99% judged on their goal return unless they are ruled out by being more of a wing man/ target man but they still get the goal stats on their back

Won't get many £ in India. Rupees though, you'll get loads [emoji108]

Harris to play a blinder on the 5th. Goal, assist and mom and shadwell will ponder if he can do it over a season

Actually, if you are going to rate him, I think you need to judge him at least over 6-8 games. Certainly not on a league debut, irrespective of how good or bad he plays.

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, if you are going to rate him, I think you need to judge him at least over 6-8 games. Certainly not on a league debut, irrespective of how good or bad he plays.

6-8 games. We need to start from game 1. We can't afford to make a poor start like we have in recent seasons.

Whilst Harris wasn't a signing that made everyone instantly erect, he has pace and that will frighten defences.

We have been too slow to break for years now, with Harris, Hippo & Austin in the side, that may finally change.

Slow down lads ,give an old timer a chance to catch up with the gossip

i was out all day lunching and taking some rays

I come in and this thread is like war and peace.

How did the Loyman do, long balls again

roll on 5 th August:thumsup2

First competitive game for the club at a hard away ground. Of course it suits his agenda to use that as Harris' last chance saloon.

Are we all not pandering a bit too much to Shadwell's view here?

With all due respect to you Shadwell, it could give a f**k what you think!

It's what the majority of Falkirk fans think and how they react to the player that matters.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are we all not pandering a bit too much to Shadwell's view here?

With all due respect to you Shadwell, it could give a f**k what you think!

It's what the majority of Falkirk fans think and how they react to the player that matters.

Aye, but by all accounts Harris is a confidence type player. It may just take one or two clowns getting on his back to make him retreat into his shell? I think we need to get behind this guy big time to get the best out of him!

Aye, but by all accounts Harris is a confidence type player. It may just take one or two clowns getting on his back to make him retreat into his shell? I think we need to get behind this guy big time to get the best out of him!

I have rapidly come to the conclusion that Shadwell and ANEWHOPE would not be happy if we beat Barcelona 5-0 in the CL final and Harris scored a hat trick. [emoji16]

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

GKs - Thomson talks the defence/midfield all through the game & knows his stuff. Good couple of saves including one at point blank. Mitchell was barely tested in the 2nd half so hard to tell how he is. His distribution pre match to Thomson for handling training was awful & after the 4th crap cross on the bounce Thomson went mental at him. Good lad.

Someone at the club said to me earlier in the week that Thomson would train 24 hours a day if he could. He's a very intense, 100% committed sort of guy that pushes himself to the limit at every opportunity. I saw him fuming at himself a couple of times last week in Hungary when the forwards scored against him in training matches. He doesn't take kindly to getting beat.

Good lad indeed. Bloody good keeper too.