The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Are you likely to be in a position to give us a fans perspective update tonight?

Financial update was ok. Clearly not doing as well as two years ago but certainly not on the brink.

The Henderson re-election was a farce. Wouldn’t allow anyone to speak before the vote. Then had the vote at which the floor outvoted Henderson 8-1 at least. They did not expect this so had not prepared the card vote slips in advance so the two ladies who checked people in had to scurry away and put the forms together.

Then Hartley spoke and spoke well. No excuses just he needs better quality. Wants 6-8 new signings in January, 4 for January 1st. Been south twice in a week watching games. CEO believes they can do the whole churn of players cash neutral or as near to that as possible.

The comedy moment of the night was when our Major Shareholder said he thought we played well on Saturday v Morton. That was greeted by laughs and the next guy who spoke said he could not believe someone found Saturday acceptable.

When Hartley finished the result of the card vote was announced 1.1m shares to 160k as was always going to happen. MSG backing him. When it was announced shouts of “no shame” , “resign man”, “you are a disgrace to the club” we’re 3 I heard.

First time anyone can remember a Director needing his cronies to get him re-elected.

Henderson being Henderson just smiled and slipped into a corner to speak to Ritchie and Sandy Alexander.

Good to se Kieran getting voted in unanimously.

One of the livelier AGM’s but a chance wasted to get everyone behind the club with in effect 4/5 people getting an embarrassment to the club re-elected to the Board. The MSG just wrote their own death warrant tonight IMO.

Guest Back Post Misses
Failure to utilise the loan market was a major criticism of Houston. 
I have no reason to suspect that Hartley isnt working hard to source players. I also have no reason to think that the impending clearout wasn't discussed at the interview stage prior to his appointment. His very first act as manager was to begin emptying folk. Do you think our board are sitting there saying "Holy shit he didnt say anything about wanting to change the playing squad?"

The look on Ritchie’s face when he said I wanted 6-8 players was a picture.

Financial update was ok. Clearly not doing as well as two years ago but certainly not on the brink.

The Henderson re-election was a farce. Wouldn’t allow anyone to speak before the vote. Then had the vote at which the floor outvoted Henderson 8-1 at least. They did not expect this so had not prepared the card vote slips in advance so the two ladies who checked people in had to scurry away and put the forms together.

Then Hartley spoke and spoke well. No excuses just he needs better quality. Wants 6-8 new signings in January, 4 for January 1st. Been south twice in a week watching games. CEO believes they can do the whole churn of players cash neutral or as near to that as possible.

The comedy moment of the night was when our Major Shareholder said he thought we played well on Saturday v Morton. That was greeted by laughs and the next guy who spoke said he could not believe someone found Saturday acceptable.

When Hartley finished the result of the card vote was announced 1.1m shares to 160k as was always going to happen. MSG backing him. When it was announced shouts of “no shame” , “resign man”, “you are a disgrace to the club” we’re 3 I heard.

First time anyone can remember a Director needing his cronies to get him re-elected.

Henderson being Henderson just smiled and slipped into a corner to speak to Ritchie and Sandy Alexander.

One of the livelier AGM’s but a chance wasted to get everyone behind the club with in effect 4/5 people getting an embarrassment to the club re-elected to the Board. The MSG just wrote their own death warrant tonight IMO.

Thanks for the update bud.

Cheers for the update. Remarkably like the update on twitter from FFC supporters. I think someone is copying someone else’s homework.

Guest Back Post Misses

Cheers for the update. Remarkably like the update on twitter from FFC supporters. I think someone is copying someone else’s homework.

A good summary then.

I was there honest guv. I drove up specially for it.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hartley planning on punting the squad and bringing his own team in is hardly a shock. I don't know why you guys even doubted it was going to happen.

I'm not sure anyone really doubted it tbh, Hartley seemed to like a large turnover of players at Dens, and there is already some evidence of the same MO with us. It's only going to get ramped up in January and, on current form, that cannot be a bad thing.

I actually think Hartley is maybe the one who is a bit surprised. He probably looked at the squad on paper, and even in action against Dunfermline in the cup, and thought there was plenty to work with. But it is not happening,  and it not going to happen, with the current players. It is clear that a massive churn is imminent. It's needed.

Just now, AGPar said:

I'm not sure anyone really doubted it tbh, Hartley seemed to like a large turnover of players at Dens, and there is already some evidence of the same MO with us. It's only going to get ramped up in January and, on current form, that cannot be a bad thing.

I actually think Hartley is maybe the one who is a bit surprised. He probably looked at the squad on paper, and even in action against Dunfermline in the cup, and thought there was plenty to work with. But it is not happening,  and it not going to happen, with the current players. It is clear that a massive churn is imminent. It's needed.

If he gets time - On current form that's debatable - then I'd imagine in 18 months time, if still managed by him, your squad will not contain a single player you have at the moment.

Guest Back Post Misses
If he gets time - On current form that's debatable - then I'd imagine in 18 months time, if still managed by him, your squad will not contain a single player you have at the moment.

The squad would not a single player we have now in January if it was me! (Well maybe a couple [emoji23])

Clear to me tonight he will get time

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He'll get time - despite some legitimate doubts about how things have started, we will not be emptying another management team anytime soon, and nor should we.

I would not be surprised if the the look of the squad is radically different a year from now. What I also think is a certainty is that some players he lets go, of undoubted ability, will go elsewhere, probably to direct rivals, and start looking like world-beaters, at which point questions will be asked about whether Hartley should have got more out of them. But in a lot of cases, I'd question the attitude of the player before the manager.

9 hours ago, AGPar said:

Sorry, you are naive in the extreme.

This isn't some temporary blip or collective loss of form. We have been consistently poor for the thick end of eighteen months now, last years second place finish belies the poverty and lack of ambition and entertainment displayed in so many performances. The difference then was that we were still capable of digging out a draw or the odd run of 2 or 3 consecutive wins.  That has now vanished.

Sine the start of last season, we have played twenty six league games at home. We've won eight, the last one on April 1st. We've scored nine goals in fourteen games, the same as Brechin. Only Cowdenbeath and Edinburgh City have a worse record in Scotland. It is shocking.

What was the last even decent Falkirk performance, Dundee United away in the play-off maybe? You'd be struggling to name one player who has played even close to their potential this season, far less above it. 

It's actually quite embarrassing that you are casting up Brechin and Dumbarton results to somehow legitimise our current position, it only defeats your argument and shows how low we have sunk.

Those are some pretty bad stats, I hadn't realised just how bad our results had been at home for a while since I don't make all of the games. 

17 hours ago, wullie robb said:

The Board are behind the team, it's just they don't want to spend any money, Answer to this is sign some players that are decent for little money? Livingston signed Pittman from the Juniors and he would walk into any championship side easily, get out and look instead of lazy signings of player's that used to be decent but for one reason or another aren't anymore. 

Some fans moaning about the goalkeeper? Sorry but he's the only reason we get points in our 0.0 draws, when he has made mistakes it hardly mattered as we couldn't score if the posts went from one side to the other. 

FFC has a massive budget compared to Livingston, maybe that's the problem, team's with less money are prepared to look at cheaper options and are reaping the benefits with player's willing to prove themselves at a higher level. 

One thing is for sure,  we need young guys with a fire in their guts to play for FFC not prema donnas looking for an easy wage. 

Partick got Kris Doolan from the juniors, hasn't turned out too badly for them. Sure Hamilton signed a player from the juniors too but can't remember who and if he was/is any good. 

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Partick got Kris Doolan from the juniors, hasn't turned out too badly for them. Sure Hamilton signed a player from the juniors too but can't remember who and if he was/is any good. 

Darian MacKinnon.

Utter hammer thrower, but he's done a job for them. Don't know if he's still there.