The Falkirk FC Thread

I cant say resultd around us really concern me that much at this moment in time. Id go as far as to say if we reach the point we are looking to other teams to beat those around us then we are deservedly fucked.

Our playing squad should be capable of going on a run that can get us out of trouble, but for whatever reason they appear unable or unwilling to get started. Omce January is out the way I expect no excuses from Hartley as I expect him to make enough changes as to be able to call it his squad. At that point, we should hopefully (in terms of squad, budget bla bla bla) be able to outpoint those around us.

If we dont save ourselves by getting on a good solid run then we dont deserve saved.

With that in mind we will need to pick up points quickly. Our final four fixtures of this seasons campaign:

Dunfermline (H)
Dundee U (A)
Dumbarton (A)
St Mirren (H)

unlikely to be many meaningless end of season fixtures for our opponents there...

Gasparotto and Watson will be gone in the window and I would look to get rid of that Carthorse Grant too. That would leave at least 1 space available for a CH.

I thought Grant was being tipped as one of the best centre half's in the league not far back, what's happened?

11 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I think he will let Bala go, not because of his ability but because he knows that’s a wage freed up already.

I would rather keep Balatoni than Watson or Grant,  if he's looking to bring  6-8 players in January as he has said at the AGM,  then for me  Henderson, Shepherd, Luca, Craigen, Kidd, should definitely be shown the door,   then you have the likes of Loy, Hippo, Harris, Austin, McKee, who will be harder to shift.  Can't see Miller or Kerr going anywhere.  Then Hartley will need to see what he wants to do with Longridge and Tumilty.  Expect a busy month as it seems he wants 4 in by January 1st.

Edited by ebobsboy

Would be very disappointed if either Balatoni or McGee were not given contracts in January.

They have been two of the better performers during our recent shambles.

Sadly I would agree with the comments regarding Grant being a pale shadow of the player he was prior to his injury, would be a shame if he were to go but...