The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm perplexed as to how we can only need 7 more signings- as it stands we only have Mitchell, McGhee, Muirhead, McKee, Kidd, Dallison, Robson, Brough, Lewis and O'Hara signed for next season. 7 more would only leave us with 17 players, which seems too small to allow for any squad depth at all.

It would be 20 including Loy, Harris and Shepherd which could indicate Hartley sees them as part of the squad for next season.

Edited by EdiBairn

I'm perplexed as to how we can only need 7 more signings- as it stands we only have Mitchell, McGhee, Muirhead, McKee, Kidd, Dallison, Robson, Brough, Lewis and O'Hara signed for next season. 7 more would only leave us with 17 players, which seems too small to allow for any squad depth at all.

You haven’t mentioned, Loy, Shepherd or Harris.
Perhaps he can’t move to replace them unless he can rid first.

You can’t just ignore players you don’t like lol?

Loy, Harris, Mutch, Sheps off the top of my head that you’ve point blank refused to acknowledge.

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

What about you Sheps, thought you were staying?

14 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I had read the 10/12 including players offered new deals. We’ve now signed 3 so about right no? Especially with talk of decreasing squad numbers. 8 players = 4 mid, 1 GK, 1 RB and 2 strikers?

We currently have 21 players signed up for next season.

Seven of those are youths, assuming you put Mutch into that category. So if you work on a first team squad size of twenty there are six vacancies. There could be potentially another four vacancies if he puts Blues & Shepherd back out on loan, or Harris & Loy agree to move on.

6 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

You can’t just ignore players you don’t like lol?

Loy, Harris, Mutch, Sheps off the top of my head that you’ve point blank refused to acknowledge.

I'm assuming at least Loy and Harris won't be here after Hartley saying they weren't in his current plans for next season.

Was impressed with Hartley tonight. Dealt with some of the absolute moronic questions very well. Seemed much more personable than I thought he was. Seems pretty clear on who & what he wants.

Aiming for much smaller squad size, around 20-22 and will utilise the reserve league to keep fringe players match ready.

1/2 loan players at most would be ideal & rest signings.

Recognised physicality an issue and has addressed this already and will continue to do this.

Negatives for me was a fairly weak answer to Sibbald fee, he said he would discuss this with the board but didn’t seem to have a clue about what would happen.

Also the sheer amateurishness of the organisation was poor.

Out of curiosity, what were some of the moronic questions?

Out of curiosity, what were some of the moronic questions?

One guy kept asking about set pieces and asking about who would be covering the front post. He wouldn’t let it go. Hartley handled it very well and injected a bit of humour.

He then had numerous questions about Taiwo and why we let them go. These became moronic as he had already offered an explanation.

Someone asked about Muirhead, asked what Hartley could see in him because he couldn’t see anything. [emoji23] I secretly agree but that didn’t seem to go down well in the room.

One guy kept asking about set pieces and asking about who would be covering the front post. He wouldn’t let it go. Hartley handled it very well and injected a bit of humour.

He then had numerous questions about Taiwo and why we let them go. These became moronic as he had already offered an explanation.

Someone asked about Muirhead, asked what Hartley could see in him because he couldn’t see anything. [emoji23] I secretly agree but that didn’t seem to go down well in the room.

Who will be covering the front post?......FFS!

We currently have 21 players signed up for next season.

Seven of those are youths, assuming you put Mutch into that category. So if you work on a first team squad size of twenty there are six vacancies. There could be potentially another four vacancies if he puts Blues & Shepherd back out on loan, or Harris & Loy agree to move on.

The new website currently has us on 22 (assuming it’s correct re the youth players).

I make it 9 youth players from the list. As you say, still room for at least 6 new first teasers and maybe a few more if the 4 you mention leave.

FFC Squad - 18/19

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch (Y)

Tom Dallison

Jordan McGhee

Tommy Robson

Aaron Muirhead

Mark Finlayson (Y)

Jonny Mitchell (Y)

Mark Munro (Y)

Kyle Mitchell (Y)

Patrick Brough

Joe McKee

Alex Harris

Cameron Blues

Cieran Dunne (Y)

Jason Jarvis (Y)

Dennon Lewis

Kevin O’Hara

Rory Loy

Scott Shepherd

Kieran Sweeney (Y)

Aiden Laverty (Y)

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The new website currently has us on 22 (assuming it’s correct re the youth players).

I make it 9 youth players from the list. As you say, still room for at least 6 new first teasers and maybe a few more if the 4 you mention leave.

FFC Squad - 18/19

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch (Y)

Tom Dallison

Jordan McGhee

Tommy Robson

Aaron Muirhead

Mark Finlayson (Y)

Jonny Mitchell (Y)

Mark Munro (Y)

Kyle Mitchell (Y)

Patrick Brough

Joe McKee

Alex Harris

Cameron Blues

Cieran Dunne (Y)

Jason Jarvis (Y)

Dennon Lewis

Kevin O’Hara

Rory Loy

Scott Shepherd

Kieran Sweeney (Y)

Aiden Laverty (Y)

I haven't looked at the new website but there are three errors in the list you've posted:

Mark Finlayson was released at the end of last season.

Lewis Kidd, who signed a new contract, isn't on it.

Jonny Mitchell's contract was up last year and so far there have been no announcements about him signing a new one.

I haven't looked at the new website but there are three errors in the list you've posted:
Mark Finlayson was released at the end of last season.
Lewis Kidd, who signed a new contract, isn't on it.
Jonny Mitchell's contract was up last year and so far there have been no announcements about him signing a new one.

Good spot re Finlayson, he’s not on the new website. Kidd is though [emoji1360]

Mitchell still listed currently too.

42 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

What an utter fucking riddy. 

15 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Hopefully shepperd will piss off now that his pals sibbs away . Waste of a wage . I would keep Loy and Harris . Harris just needs confidence boost and loy needs a decent strike partner . IMO.

Harris is pish im afraid.  Even after a confidence boosting league cup campaign he was still murder when the real stuff started. The championship is no place for players with no bottle.  The sooner hes punted the better so that we can get someone decent in or even noone at all as that would be an improvement.

Edited by Shodwall cat

49 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Someone asked about Muirhead, asked what Hartley could see in him because he couldn’t see anything. emoji23.png I secretly agree but that didn’t seem to go down well in the room.

What was his reasoning behind taiwo out of curiosity?

If we assume 6 players are coming in, we can already assume 4 of them are a GK, CH, CM, and striker.  Presumably a right back would be one of the others and probably another midfielder?