The Falkirk FC Thread

Agree that Hartley spoke really well tonight and he managed to answer the Loy/Harris questions really well. Obviously he was never going to come out and say he wanted rid of them but that he’ll sit down with them in a few weeks to discuss what’s best for them and for us. Looks like he’ll try and punt both.

Also talking about having a meeting set up with Jakubiak and his agent next week. Also came out and said that he wants him back and the player wants to come back as well so unless Watford have got other plans for him looks more likely than not he’ll be back.

He also beautifully dealt with the absolute mouth breather trying to dig him out for the comments he made during his first press conference about aiming for the play offs. That auld c**t going on and on about the set pieces though holy shit.

What was his reasoning behind taiwo out of curiosity?
If we assume 6 players are coming in, we can already assume 4 of them are a GK, CH, CM, and striker.  Presumably a right back would be one of the others and probably another midfielder?

Thought he could use his wage to bring in better quality. Wants to shape his own squad, with his own players.

He talked about players not coping well with his new ideas & regime and he can’t have that. He changed the intensity of training, the times, days off etc and some couldn’t cope. However I’m not sure he was aiming that at Taiwo though.

He did say he let Hippo go as he was not what we needed at the time. We were in a fight and although he likes Hippo as a player, he not the guy you want in a scrap.

Fair enough I thought.

Some c**t asked as well why the new strip was being released so late.

I ken Kieran Cozary was somewhere in the background and he did step up to answer but honestly to ask your first team manager about that sort of trivial pish.

Will Hartley get the nominal fee? Rumours also kicking around the nominal fee is nothing more than a sell on clause [emoji15]

Asked this question tonight and his response was that he will ask the board the same question. He did say time and time again that he was happy with his budget.

We had an option on sibbald. If we were as desperate to keep him as the statement makes out then that shouldve been invoked and that shouldve been it. There was no need for negotiations , chats etc as everything shouldve been agreed when the option was put in the contract. The fact therefore that a player we were supposedly so desperate to keep and had an option on is no longer at the club needs clearly explained by our ceo and 'because he wouldve gone in the huff for a couple of weeks ' is not a viable answer.
I thought the transfer window didnt open till 10th of june anyway so how has he managed to move before that date with a fee involved?

Hartley made it clear tonight that Sibbs wanted to go, and he only wants players who want to be at FFC

35 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Thought he could use his wage to bring in better quality. Wants to shape his own squad, with his own players.

He talked about players not coping well with his new ideas & regime and he can’t have that. He changed the intensity of training, the times, days off etc and some couldn’t cope. However I’m not sure he was aiming that at Taiwo though.

He did say he let Hippo go as he was not what we needed at the time. We were in a fight and although he likes Hippo as a player, he not the guy you want in a scrap.

Fair enough I thought.

Probably true on Hippo, would still have liked to have him around for next season though.

Only time will tell . If we bring in a better replacement then this will all be forgotten in a couple of months. If however, we struggle due to a lack of creativity next season then heads should start to roll. I just feel that we shouldn't have been getting involved in discussions with sibbald over this.   We had an option. If we wanted him next season we invoke it. If we don't want him you say thanks very much Craig good luck.  No need for discussions as the option has been agreed and finalised in the contract signed the year before.  Is that not the whole idea of options? So one side is making all the decisions and its not a negotiation over this that and the other.  I'm sure if the option had been Sibbalds and noone else had wanted him he'd have been invoking it whether we wanted him or not and he certainly wouldnt have been allowing us to reduce his wages or just bin him.

Think Harris could do well in the Sibbs role lol

What exactly was sibbs role ? What did he actually do each week ? Only time I remember when he was fantastic and did something is when him and leahy use to link up on the left . Two of them had some lovely 1 2 passing together that got us into goal scoring positions , last season he done nothing to blow your mind and say here comes a goal ( except Dundee Utd game 6-1)

Aye, the only Sibbs role I want him to replicate is the one where he says “I am sorry Mr Hartley, but I see my future lying elsewhere, and I think Livingston are a club on the up (according to Derek Johnstone in 1996), and even if they don’t want me, I really don’t want to be here any longer”.
Yip, that wee cameo role of Sibbs would be damn near perfect.

Paul Hartley going for the title. [emoji23]

IMG_1278.jpg.6bcf49a1b9c4be79c56276a5182378ee.jpg

"...................and he should saying what? We are going for 2nd, or 3rd or 4th or 5th or maybe 6th, or how about 7th or 8th? Running out of options here.....how’s about 9th or 10th? Are they all equally numerical comedy gold, or is it just the word “title” that does it for you?

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

"...................and he should saying what? We are going for 2nd, or 3rd or 4th or 5th or maybe 6th, or how about 7th or 8th? Running out of options here.....how’s about 9th or 10th? Are they all equally numerical comedy gold, or is it just the word “title” that does it for you?

As opposed to the Hamilton war cry of "We're going to try and avoid relegation"