The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Not only do I have an 'A' rated username* I also have an 'A' rated avatar.

*Radford Scale.

f**k Radford. All hail the Don.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

More chance of a first team game at the pars . He'd only have been warming the bench for us this season . We'll just need to hope his 4 great games a season aren't all against us. 

I would liked to have kept Longridge, think he's a good player.

I just hope that the reason that he, Sibbs and others haven't resigned is because they don't get on with Hartley?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I just hope that the reason that he, Sibbs and others haven't resigned is because they don't get on with Hartley?

From the outside I wouldn't imagine so, Sibbald has wanted to leave since before Hartley came in and id think Longridge was probably just told he wouldn't be a key first team player and wanted to find it elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Has anyone else tried the new website on a desktop?  Its not great on a big screen.  I could read what was on my screen from the other side of the room.  I went to the players page and having a 24 inch monitor filled with 3 players mug shots was verging on a horror movie in some cases.

Wait until you get the action shots from the games.. eh @Bainsfordbairn

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Longridge will get paid more as  a starter for the pars than as a squad player with us. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

From the outside I wouldn't imagine so, Sibbald has wanted to leave since before Hartley came in and id think Longridge was probably just told he wouldn't be a key first team player and wanted to find it elsewhere.

I dont really get the repeated Longridge wouldve been a squad player, I get that regarding Welsh but Longridge mustve started 95% at least of the games he was here and was Son of Hartley at times. I tend to believe the money on offer was not to his satisfaction and Pars have offered what is. 

Not a great loss as far as I am concerned, was far to inconsistent and repeatedly tried to be Pele when a simple ball was on.....

The great thing is we have another pars player to get noised up and he is the kinda player to give it back..... win win in that respect

I dont really get the repeated Longridge wouldve been a squad player, I get that regarding Welsh but Longridge mustve started 95% at least of the games he was here and was Son of Hartley at times. I tend to believe the money on offer was not to his satisfaction and Pars have offered what is. 
Not a great loss as far as I am concerned, was far to inconsistent and repeatedly tried to be Pele when a simple ball was on.....
The great thing is we have another pars player to get noised up and he is the kinda player to give it back..... win win in that respect
IMO Hartley seems to have recognised the difference between good enough to drag us out the shite vs good enough to try and get promoted. Longridge falls into that category due to inconsistency and poor decision making/frequent headless chickenry

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He played 95 percent of games as hes all we really could pick up for the cash left in the budget and window having closed.Im sure if hartley had been desperate to keep him hed still be here. Surely with a whole close season to come we now have more and better options to sign as starters.

I'm not that arsed about Longridge leaving and signing for the Pars.

Out of players that were actually ours (not on loan) McGhee was the one I most wanted to keep and would have been gutted if he left.

I felt at times Longridge was a bit greedy on the ball and took the shot when a pass to a colleague in a better position was on.

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I felt at times Longridge was a bit greedy on the ball and took the shot when a pass to a colleague in a better position was on.

This. 'Cut inside & shoot' is about all there is to his game. Did his job last season but we need more if we're going to challenge at the top. Very much Dunfermline's level of player.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

IMO Hartley seems to have recognised the difference between good enough to drag us out the shite vs good enough to try and get promoted. Longridge falls into that category due to inconsistency and poor decision making/frequent headless chickenry

Its something we will never know, I just couldn't see him being used as a squad player form depending obviously, tho he was stinking in games last season and kept his place. Longridge also was repeatedly over at Hartley during games, a lot info was shared between them during games and no one else.

So to go from virtually automatic choice and the man to go to during games to be judged to be a squad player if signed doesn't add for me...

Fuk him....gonna enjoy a wee shout at him and the rest of the fife clowns

25 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I liked Longridge as well, this has been a tough couple days for me.
Also feel pretty committed to my avatar, if someone fancies photoshopping the Don onto Barney I’ll be happy.

As good as you’re going to get via a snapchat effort.

5A7EA181-CB7E-493F-800E-7BDEF0267AAB.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He played 95 percent of games as hes all we really could pick up for the cash left in the budget and window having closed.Im sure if hartley had been desperate to keep him hed still be here. Surely with a whole close season to come we now have more and better options to sign as starters.

I tend to believe it was down to cash, notice he signed a one year and his brother a 2yr.

Hartley obviously didn't believe he was worth what he was after....the pars did tho