The Falkirk FC Thread

Am I the only one that thinks, despite the fact I wanted Sibbs to stay, that Hartley doesn't seem that arsed. No automatic activation if the year, no apparent major play to keep him... Perhaps Hartley never pictured Sibbs in his team next season?

Surely offering improved terms suggests otherwise?

On Nelson, he was very obviously improving as he went on. His finishing was getting better I think and he could definitely kick on next season if he came back.

I do share the doubt of some regarding both Jak and Nelson returning but I think thats just because I want whats in the mystery box!

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

As one of the few (only?) guys who though Alex Harris looked ok in his last couple of sub appearances then I think he'd jump at a chance to train with me :thumsup2

We desperately need width, pace and creativity.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On Nelson, he was very obviously improving as he went on. His finishing was getting better I think and he could definitely kick on next season if he came back.

I do share the doubt of some regarding both Jak and Nelson returning but I think thats just because I want whats in the mystery box!

But the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!

1 hour ago, kyleffc said:

hartley said he is still looking for a spine to the team gk,ch,cm and a striker he did also mention they had looked at the amount of game time the keepers they are looking at have had, and his target to replace sibbs is a left sided player

Thats a lot to bring in for a spine of a team in one go, and more so get right.

Edited by Super Tuesday

Thats a lot to bring in and more so get right.

Yep , and as it’s unlikely we will get all of our first choices, the second, third or even fourth choices we aim for in those positions need to be significantly better than we’ve had.

Yep , and as it’s unlikely we will get all of our first choices, the second, third or even fourth choices we aim for in those positions need to be significantly better than we’ve had.

That wouldn’t be hard (Sibbald aside)

^^^believes the Earth is flat 
It just doesnt have the feeling of a major loss despite the apparent anger. Like I said, I did want him to stay, but I am not upset he has gone. It just feels like it was always going to happen this time.

We could have simply forced him to stay. We didn't. Hartley has set his stall out in that regard and I am totally fine with losing Sibbald if its because he didn't want to ne here and Hartley stuck to the mantra of wanting only players 100% commited.

Now can you take Piracy away please?

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_3932.jpg

Just saw this on twitter.

At the btw night it was ten to 12 new signings and since then weve lost sibbald, longridge and welsh and yet we're now only talking 7 or 8 more . I wouldve thought we'd still be needing around ten or 12.

Was impressed with Hartley tonight. Dealt with some of the absolute moronic questions very well. Seemed much more personable than I thought he was. Seems pretty clear on who & what he wants.

Aiming for much smaller squad size, around 20-22 and will utilise the reserve league to keep fringe players match ready.

1/2 loan players at most would be ideal & rest signings.

Recognised physicality an issue and has addressed this already and will continue to do this.

Negatives for me was a fairly weak answer to Sibbald fee, he said he would discuss this with the board but didn’t seem to have a clue about what would happen.

Also the sheer amateurishness of the organisation was poor.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

At the btw night it was ten to 12 new signings and since then weve lost sibbald, longridge and welsh and yet we're now only talking 7 or 8 more . I wouldve thought we'd still be needing around ten or 12.

I had read the 10/12 including players offered new deals. We’ve now signed 3 so about right no? Especially with talk of decreasing squad numbers. 8 players = 4 mid, 1 GK, 1 RB and 2 strikers?

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I had read the 10/12 including players offered new deals. We’ve now signed 3 so about right no? Especially with talk of decreasing squad numbers. 8 players = 4 mid, 1 GK, 1 RB and 2 strikers?

I suppose the problems going to be getting rid of dross like shepherd, loy and harris to give us a bit extra quality in the squad.

Did he actually use the word ‘spine’? That’s the way I described how we should build a few weeks ago on here. Just wondering if he’s reading this thread?

He must be reading the thread, mate. No one's ever referred to the 'spine' of a team before. [emoji6]